Where'd All the Time Go - CHAPTER 100

"I got you, baby. Get it all out," Marcelo encouraged Remi as Remi was leaning over the toilet, puking his guts up. Marcelo rubbed his back with one hand and held his hair back with the other.

Remi groaned as tears spiked his eyes. His throat burned because of how harsh his gags and heaves were.

"It h-hurts," he cried.

"I know. I'm sorry, baby boy."

Marcelo hated seeing Remi sick like this. But as the days went on, it seemed that Remi got sicker and sicker which wasn't good at all since he was about to start his job soon. Hopefully the sickness would relax and be merciful.

After a few minutes when Remi felt a sense of relief and his throat relaxed, he fell back against Marcelo's chest, collapsing. He clung to Marcelo as he always does after throwing up, needing to feel Marcelo's warmth envelope him. And that's what Marcelo gave him; he wrapped his arms around Remi and rubbed his scalp comfortingly.

"Think you can get up and brush your teeth?"

"Y-Yeah," Remi sniffled. Marcelo grabbed Remi's hands and slowly pulled him up, guiding him over to the sink. He helped Remi get his toothbrush and toothpaste before Remi went ahead and brushed his teeth, gagging a few times because of the taste of the toothpaste.

Once Remi was finished, Marcelo helped him back into the bedroom and helped him lay back down underneath the covers. Marcelo then left out and walked downstairs to get Remi a cup of water. As he did so, Remi felt a tiny body stir next to him. It was Elio who was waking up from his afternoon nap. Elio turned over to face Remi, and his eyes slowly fluttered open, their beautiful colors exposed.

Elio looked over Remi's flushed and slightly green face and frowned. "You kay, Mama?"

"Yeah, I'm okay. The babies just make me sick sometimes."

"Babies?" Elio asked.

"Yeah, you don't remember what Dada and I told you about the babies?"

"Don't remember," Elio said as he shook his head.

It was at that moment that the bedroom door opened again and Marcelo came in with a glass of water in his hands. He brought it over to the bed and held it out it for Remi. "Thank you," Remi said as he grabbed the glass gratefully and put it up to his lips, sipping it slowly, soothing his dry throat. Marcelo put his fingers in Remi's hair again, soothing him as he sipped.

"DuhDuh, what babies make Mama sick?"

Marcelo raised a brow and looked back to Remi.

"He doesn't remember what we told him," Remi said. Marcelo's lips made an "o" shape. He moved around to the other side of the bed and sat down next to Elio.

"It's your siblings, buddy. You have two siblings now. They could be two boys, they could be two girls, or they could be a boy and a girl. We don't know yet. All that we know is that you have two siblings," Marcelo explained.

"Two siblings?" Elio thought.

"Yep, you're gonna be their big brother. One day, they're gonna be just as big as you are."

"No. Eli bigger," Elio grinned and held his arms up, flexing like he always sees Marcelo do. This made Marcelo and Remi chuckle.

"Yeah, I know you're bigger, Lio. But one day, they're gonna be your size and you're gonna be Felix's size."

"Ohhhh."

"Mhm. But, your siblings have to grow first. They're in Mama's tummy growing everyday. And sometimes, they make Mama sick but only for a little bit, and he'll get better."