Movin' and Groovin' - CHAPTER 101

"According to this, the babies should be the size of limes," Marcelo said as him, Remi, and Elio were sitting in the waiting room of the hospital for Remi's appointment.

"Really? What is that you're looking at?" Remi asked as he leaned over to look at the object in Marcelo's hands.

"It's a baby timeline. A week by week comparison."

Remi smiled lightly and took a glance over the brochure. Not only were there little images and comparisons for each week, but there were also very interesting facts under each week as well.

"You think they're really that big though? I'm still pretty little right now."

Marcelo looked over and down at Remi's belly. His bump was still pretty small. "Touché. Hmm... maybe the twins are just tiny like you, so you won't show a lot just yet."

"That could d—"

"REMI REID, ROOM 13. REMI REID, ROOM 13."

Marcelo and Remi looked at each other, smiling, before they stood up. Elio hopped off of his chair and grabbed Remi's hand, holding it as they all walked down the hall towards the room Remi had to go to.

But, before he could do so, the nurse had to take his weight and height for records. Remi ended up being right where he needed to be, so he was soon able to head to his room.

When the three first walked in, they were surprised to see Rick already ready, writing a few things down on his clipboard. He looked up at the sound of footsteps and smiled politely at Remi and Marcelo. "Hey, guys!" Then, he looked down and saw Elio. "Hey, little guy. How are you?"

"Good, Unca Rick!" Elio grinned and fist bumped Rick.

Marcelo helped Remi up into the check up bed before he sat down in the chair next to it, letting Elio sit in his lap.

"Alright. How is everything going, Remi?" Rick asked after a while.

"Good. Except the sickness of course, but I can manage."

"Yep. It'll be over soon though, so that's a plus," Rick said as he opened the cabinet in front of him and grabbed the blood pressure tool. He took it over to Remi and put it on his arm, tightening it securely. The band gradually got tighter and tighter, squeezing Remi's arm. It was uncomfortable but when is getting your blood pressure taken not uncomfortable?

After taking Remi's blood pressure, Rick checked Remi's heartbeat and lungs with his stethoscope, making sure that everything was working okay. And then, he made Remi lay back and get ready for the routine ultrasound.

The gel was cold as usual, but Remi didn't mind; he was too excited to care knowing that he was about to see the babies again.

When Rick placed the wand on Remi's belly, he pressed down a bit like he normally does to be able to get a better view. For a second, there was nothing but uterus tissue that everyone could see on the screen. Then, once Rick found the perfect spot, two little black circles of amniotic fluid were exposed with one little baby in each circle.

"There you guys are," Rick announced.

Remi smiled and pointed to the screen. "Look, Eli. There go your siblings."

Elio climbed up onto the check up bed with Remi and gazed at the screen. Once his little brain processed what he was looking at, he smiled and gasped. "Bigger now, Mama."

"Yeah, they did get bigger, didn't they?"

"Yah," Elio turned to Marcelo. "Look, DuhDuh! Siblings."

"I see, buddy," Marcelo chuckled and ruffled Elio's hair.

Looking at the screen for a little longer, Remi saw that both of the babies were wriggling around a bit. Initially, you'd think that Rick was moving the wand but no, the babies were the ones moving.

"Just movin' and groovin' in there," Rick smiled.

"They're dancing for you, Eli," Remi chuckled. Elio giggled and clapped happily. "Can't wait until I can feel them doing all that."

"And the reasons why you can't at the moment: 1. They are only eleven weeks right now. And 2. They seem to be very little for their age. But despite that, they look to be one hundred percent healthy. I see no issues caused by their size... or anything else," Rick informed as he took his time measuring each baby.

"That's why my stomach hasn't grown a lot?"

"Precisely. But then again, you're little yourself, so that could be a factor on its own."

Remi glared playfully at Rick, making Rick and Marcelo chuckle.

"That is not a bad thing. You're just vertically and horizontally challenged," Marcelo added.

"Wow, gang up me, why don't you?" Remi chuckled. Marcelo smiled and grabbed Remi's hand, kissing it just to remind Remi that he was joking although Remi knew that already.

"You're just an adorable small bean. That's all."

Remi smiled sweetly before looking back at the screen. "I wonder if one of them'll be like me."

"Intersex?" Rick asked. Remi nodded, yes.

"When you come in for the gender reveal in a few weeks, I can do a blood test on both of them and determine that if you want me to."

"Yes, that'll be great."

Rick nodded and the sounds of his computer mouse clicking and his keyboard clacking filled the room. Then, seconds later, the most beautiful melody came next.

The babies' heartbeats.

"Holy smokes, those are some fast heartbeats," Marcelo said, shocked.

"Yep. It keeps them warm inside of there though," Rick replied. He measured each heartbeat, making sure that they were beating fast enough.

"Why do their heartbeat keep them warm, Mama?"

"Well, when their hearts beat fast, it keeps their blood flowing through their bodies efficiently. And that helps them stay all cozy."

"They have hearts?"

"Yep, they almost have everything that you have. Almost."

Elio's smile got even bigger as he looked back at the screen. He was so very fascinated with the twins, and that was more than interesting to watch.

"You guys've got a captivated big brother on your hands," Rick said.

"Yeah, he always asks to look at the twins' old ultrasound picture."

Seeing Elio so intrigued by the babies brought a big smile to Remi's face. There's nothing like sibling love, and Remi couldn't wait for Elio to be able to experience that himself. He automatically could tell that the three would come to form a beautiful relationship.

This was going to be fun.