Christmas Cookies - CHAPTER 21

It's officially been eight months since Remi and Marcelo have been together. Not only that, but it's also Christmas Eve.

Marcelo and Remi ended up purchasing a Christmas tree for Marcelo's house since Remi couldn't afford one for his. They'd put all types of decorations up, even going as far as putting lights and statues outside on the front lawn. It was crazy, but it was something that both Remi and Marcelo wanted to do for their first Christmas together.

As Remi stirred the sugar cookie batter, Marcelo came up behind him and hugged him. "Second batch just went in the oven."

"O-Okay. This one is ready," Remi said as he leaned slightly to the side and let Marcelo see the cookie batter that he'd prepared in the mixing bowl on Marcelo's counter. Marcelo smiled and reached over, grabbing another baking pan and sheet for the cookies. Then, the two began rolling up dough and cutting out different shapes.

"So, what did you get me?" Marcelo asked, nodding at all of the presents under the tree in the living room.

"I can't t-tell you. You have to wait."

"What if I bribe you?"

"With?"

"I don't know," Marcelo lead as he placed the last cookie on the baking sheet before turning to Remi with a smirk. "With whatever you want."

Remi turned his head slightly and saw Paxton asleep on his puppy bed in the living room. Then, he turned back to Marcelo who's smirk got bigger. Remi avoided his eyes and turned away, grabbing the pan and walking over to the oven. He opened the oven and slipped the pan inside before grabbing a mitten and taking the first batch of cookies out. He sat the scorching hot pan on the stove.

Reaching onto the counter, Remi grabbed the tubes of icing that him and Marcelo had made as well as the container of sprinkles. The first batch of cookies were Christmas trees, so he opened the green tube of icing first and began decorating the first cookie, outlining it in green so that he could go back and fill it in neatly.

After a few seconds, Remi heard Marcelo step up next to him, but he kept his eyes down on the cookie. He'd caught on to Marcelo's "bribe." Marcelo wanted to have sex. It was clear by the way he looked at Remi. And deep down inside, Remi wanted to go there too, but he was nervous, scared even.

But then again, part of Remi was excited. He was excited and curious to see how it would feel to have Marcelo inside of him. To melt in a puddle of lust as Marcelo made his body his. To be taken roughly or gently. He wanted that. He needed that. But his nerves... his nerves were getting the best of him so he ignored the feelings and focused on the cookies.

Grabbing the green tube of icing after Remi put it down and picked up the yellow one, Marcelo started on the second cookie, making it as neat as Remi's. Once he was finished, he looked up at Remi and saw him wearing an anxious face. He mentally cursed knowing that it must've been what he said about the "bribe."

While Remi was still turned away, Marcelo squeezed some of-no, a lot of the green icing into his hand. He smiled mischievously before he called out, "Teo?"

Turning his head, Remi looked at Marcelo with raised eyebrows just for Marcelo to smack him gently, spreading the icing against his face. Remi flinched and gasped out of shock. "Mar...celo! Marcelo!"

Remi looked up at Marcelo with a dropped jaw. He couldn't believe that Marcelo did what he did. Then, without hesitation, Remi grabbed the red icing tube and squeezed the icing into his hand. And then just as Marcelo did him, he slapped the icing onto Marcelo's face.

Soon, the two were full on having an icing fight, making a mess. Remi giggled and ran around the kitchen island as Marcelo chased him with the green icing tube. He held the red icing tube up, but that didn't help any when he saw Marcelo smirk and reach on the counter to grab the white one as well.

"N-No..."

"Yes

"Celo, p-put them d-down."

Marcelo shook his head, no, while still presenting his smirk. Remi looked around to see if he could make a run for it when he realized that he was the one now behind the island while Marcelo was standing in front of the big wide open space that held the doors to different rooms. He looked back to Marcelo. Marcelo was ready to pounce but then... the oven dinged.

Saved by the bell?

Marcelo nodded to the oven. "Get the cookies out."

"Y-You get them."

"Fine."

Marcelo then walked toward the oven, keeping his eyes on Remi. He grabbed an oven mitt and pulled the second batch of cookies out, sitting them on the counter. Just as he did so, he heard little feet padding on the floor, running. Remi.

He thought that he could run, but Marcelo was two steps in front of him. He picked his icing tubes back up and ran behind Remi, hot on his trail. Faster than you could blink, Marcelo was tackling Remi to the floor.

Remi squeaked and tried to get away, but Marcelo had him trapped. He squeezed both of the icing flavors into either of his hands. And before Remi could protest, there was white and green icing smashed all over his face. He exhaled and wiped off the bit of icing that was on his eye so that he could open his eyes. Once he did, he saw Marcelo laughing his face off. It was a throaty, genuine, and contagious laugh.

Remi couldn't help but smile which soon turned into him laughing right along with Marcelo. The two's fits of laughter rang through Remi's ears, and he couldn't do anything but enjoy the moment. It reminded him of when him and Marcelo had that pillow fight a while ago. And now, they were here. They'd come a long way as a couple.

Once the two finally calmed down, Marcelo looked down at Remi who was still breathing heavy, a smile on his face. He leaned down and pecked the younger before standing up, holding his hand out. Remi grabbed it and let Marcelo pull him up. They walked back to the kitchen just as the oven dinged again.

Remi went over, grabbed a mitt, and put the last batch of cookies on the stove before turning the oven off. Then out of nowhere, he felt Marcelo's hands on his hips, picking him up and placing him on the counter. Marcelo stood in between his legs and smiled again.

"We haven't tasted one of them yet." He reached over and grabbed the two cookies that were decorated, holding Remi's out for him to grab. Remi grabbed his and together, they took a bite.

Remi hummed at how good the cookie was. The Reids' cookie recipe of course. Marcelo hurriedly chucked the rest of his cookie into his mouth. It was so good. It was soft but not too soft. It was sweet but not too sweet. It was perfect.

"It's s-so good."

"I'm glad you like it," Marcelo whispered, planting another kiss on Remi's lips.