Carved Into Each Other - CHAPTER 92

The next morning on a bright and early Saturday, Remi, Marcelo, and Elio headed out to meet up with Remi's family—his first family.

They all decided to meet at the big park in the middle of town. They could chat at the picnic tables, and the kids could play at the playground once they were all done.

Hopping out of the car, Remi went around to the back seat to get Elio out. He unbuckled him and let him climb out before he grabbed Elio's bag and put it on his back.

Marcelo came around from the driver's side and went to grab Elio's hand when he saw a look of discomfort terribly hidden on Remi's face. He asked, "You okay?" Remi looked up at him and nodded.

"Yeah, my stomach just hurts a little bit. I'll be okay."

Grabbing Remi's hand to comfort him, Marcelo brought said hand up to his lips and kissed the back of it sweetly.

"Let me know if it gets worse, and we can leave, alright?"

"Kay," Remi nodded again.

Elio clung to Remi's leg as they walked; he'd began wanting to be around Remi a lot more now, always cuddling up with him or hugging him or holding his hand. It didn't matter as long as he was near Remi.

As the family of three entered the park, they looked around at the picnic benches that were spread out all around near the playground area. Remi caught sight of one in specific and pulled Marcelo along, Elio following as well. Once the three got closer, four familiar people looked up and noticed them. They immediately smiled upon seeing Remi's familiar face.

"Remi!" Felix exclaimed. He hopped up and came over to Remi, hugging him. Rico wasn't too far behind as he climbed into Remi's arms and hugged him tightly.

"Hi, guys. Hey, dads."

Fernando and Alvaro both nodded in greeting before they both looked at Marcelo. Marcelo was shocked that Remi's dads looked exactly as he pictured them to be: two masculine men that looked tough enough to kill you with their bare hands. However, they both had a comforting aura to them, especially Alvaro.

"Guys, this is my husband, Marcelo Reid."

Surprisingly, Felix gasped. "The Marcelo Reid? The one who produces all of the cool softwares and apps?"

"That's me," Marcelo smiled.

"Oh, man. That's so cool. I've always seen magazines with your name on them along with all of your work. You're awesome, dude," Felix beamed and held his hand out for Marcelo to shake. Marcelo did so happily, excited to know that someone likes his work. "And whoa, you're tall. Remi, how do you even look at him without breaking your neck."

"Hey!" Remi giggled and flicked Felix's shoulder. "I am not that short."

"Yes you are," Marcelo and Felix said at the same time before they both burst out in chuckles. Remi shook his head in amusement knowing that the two were gonna be one annoying duo.

Adjusting Rico on his hip, Remi reached behind him and nudged Elio—who had successfully been hiding—forward so that everyone could see him. Gasps were immediately heard, making Remi smile. 

"Guys, this is mine and Marcelo's son, Elio."

"Oh my," Alvaro said breathlessly out of pure awe. "He's a split image of you, Marcelo."

"Yeah, but at the same time, I see nothing but Remi," Fernando said. "He's a perfect mix."

"Say hi, Eli."

Elio looked towards everyone and quickly murmured, "Hi." Then, he placed his face against Remi's leg, blushing shyly as his little ears turned red.

"Eli, those are your grandads. They're my dads."