Nickname - CHAPTER 59

Remi took a deep breath to calm himself down. But despite doing so, he couldn't. He was freaking out. Why, you may be asking. Well, it all started with one little request that little Elio sent out.

"Mama, wann go DuhDuh's house."

The house that Marcelo had to take a few days to clean since it was all dusty and disgusting on the inside and outside from being left abandoned for nearly three years.

But anyway, that simple request was the cause of all of Remi's current turmoil. Of course he would never object to Elio's request since Marcelo is the father of Elio, and Elio has the right to stay with him whenever he wants to. Besides, it's been months since Elio first met Marcelo. Remi could trust him.

But, it was Remi who was uneasy. This would be the first time that he goes a day, even a simple hour without Elio since before Elio came into the world. Elio was his everything. His heart and soul. His flesh and blood. Remi didn't know if he would be able to be without Elio.

But he had to. It was only fair.

Tucking a strand of hair behind his ear, Remi took another deep breath and made sure that he had everything that Elio needed packed inside of his bag.

All too soon, there was a knock at the door. Remi exhaled and stood up before he zipped Elio's bag up and put it over his shoulder.

"Come on, Eli. It's Dada." Remi said to Elio who was sitting on the floor, scribbling on his coloring book with a red crayon. It was a bit late in the evening. Remi'd just given him a bath so that Marcelo wouldn't have to worry about doing so.

Standing up, Elio walked next to Remi as Remi walked to the door. Remi slowly opened the door, stalling as best as he could. Marcelo was standing on the other side, his hand raised mid-knock. "Oh, sorry. I didn't think you'd heard my knock." Marcelo said as he stepped in. Remi smiled as best as he could and nodded in understanding.

Then, he immediately remembered something that Elio would not be able to go without. He put his index finger up, telling Marcelo to wait a second before he turned around and scurried to his room. He reached into Elio's crib and grabbed his stuffed elephant. He then ran back to the living room where Marcelo and Elio were waiting. He held the stuffy out to Elio. Elio gasped and grabbed it, hugging it to his body.

"He would've thrown a fit once he realized that he didn't have it." Remi informed.

"Ah," Marcelo nodded. Then, he observed Remi's body language and his expression. He was anxious. "Are you alright?"

"Me? Yeah, I'm fine," Remi reassured. "Uh... I already bathed him so he should be ready to go straight to bed when you want him to. If he wakes up at anytime and gets kind of whiny, just give him a cup of milk. It should knock him right out. And he's... I've been trying to get him on a restroom schedule so every now and then, check to see if he has to use the restroom. And—"

"Remi, Remi, relax." Marcelo said as he placed his hands on Remi's shoulders. "You're worrying. I promise he's gonna be okay. I might not be infallible, but I've had enough siblings to know how to take care of him. He'll be okay."

Remi bit the soft skin of his lip as he nodded, wrapping his arms around his torso. Marcelo's eyes softened. His hands tightened their grip a tad as they rested on Remi's shoulders.

"Look, he doesn't have to sleep over with me yet. I can wait a while until you're comfortable."

"No, that's not fair to you. Or him at that. I just have to get over it." Remi then took a deep breath.

"I'll text you and update you about him whenever I can. He'll be okay."

"He'll be okay." Remi repeated, releasing his breath.