The Story - CHAPTER 56

"H-Hi," Marcelo stuttered.

Oh, look at how the turned tables.

Marcelo couldn't help it. Remi was too beautiful. Marcelo was shocked that he could even get the h-hi out. He gulped as he watched Remi gaze at him just as he had in the grocery store. Remi was speechless. This was not how he was supposed to meet Marcelo again.

Marcelo stood there looking at Remi for a few more seconds before the door shut in his face. Marcelo's jaw fell, and he blinked a few times to make sure that he wasn't dreaming. When the door never opened back up and Marcelo was sure that he was very much awake, he raised his fist and knocked again.

Meanwhile, Remi was leaning against the inside of the door trying to slow down his heart rate. He was freaking out. As mentioned before, this was not how he was supposed to meet Marcelo again. He didn't have a plan for meeting him like this.

Remi squeezed his eyes shut and shook his head. He couldn't do it. He couldn't face Marcelo again. At least he thought he couldn't. He didn't really want to. But of course, Remi wouldn't be able to take shutting Marcelo out. Even with all that Marcelo did to him, he couldn't find it in his heart to do that. He wished he could, but he couldn't, and that made him question if there was something wrong with him.

Why was he so nice?

Why couldn't he just turn his back on Marcelo just as Marcelo did him?

Remi didn't know, and he hated that.

Against what he knew was right, Remi turned around and grabbed the doorknob, twisting it until the door opened and Marcelo was in front of him once again. Remi wanted to be upset. He wanted to tell Marcelo off. He wanted to tell Marcelo to leave. He wanted to close the door again, over, and over, and over so that Marcelo could feel the pain that he himself had once felt. But he didn't have it in him.

Remi took in all of the air that his lungs could handle before he exhaled and replied, "Hi." Marcelo's knees went weak at the sound of Remi's voice. Marcelo let out a shaky breath and tried to relax. It was working so far.

"Can we... Can we talk? There's a lot that we need to talk about."

"Damon already told me everything, Marcelo."

"He did?"

"Yeah, I know about the whole you cheating on me with Devyn thing. He told me on accident when Elio was a few weeks old."

Marcelo's eyes went wide. Not just because of the fact that Remi knew everything but also because of the fact that Remi's voice sounded so strong. This was the first time that he heard Remi speak this much without stuttering.

"Whoa... Elio? Is that..."

"Yeah, I named him Elio," Remi said. "Elio Rowan."

"That's... Thats a nice name."

Remi nodded and bit the inside of his cheek, not knowing what to say. Marcelo stared at Remi, so Remi stared right back even though he shouldn't have. Marcelo's eyes still had the ability to put him in a trance even all these years later. And same with Marcelo. Remi's big, gorgeous brown eyes were still their vibrant color that he couldn't get enough of.

"Can I see him?" Marcelo asked after a while. Remi's hand tightened its grip on the door as he heard said question. Marcelo noticed this, but he didn't say anything about it. Not only did Remi's grip on the door get tighter, but his bite on the inside of his cheek got harder. He was mentally debating and weighing the pros and the cons of letting Marcelo in.

The cons outweighed the pros and honestly, there were no pros of letting Marcelo in. Maybe for Elio. Elio deserved to have his dad in his life but even then, that was still the only pro. The only pro that was heavily outweighed by all of the other cons.