Christmas Mood - CHAPTER 63

"Is this the last one?" Marcelo asked as he grabbed one of Elio's gifts from Remi and put it under the tree. They were currently transferring all of the gifts from underneath Marcelo's bed to underneath the tree since Elio was finally asleep for the night.

"Yep."

Marcelo nodded before he stood up. He looked down at Remi and smiled happily, pulling him closer. He ducked down and took Remi's lips onto his. Remi squeaked and placed a hand on Marcelo's clothed chest.

When Marcelo eventually backed up, he saw the familiar red tint covering Remi's cheeks. Chuckling, Marcelo put his arm around Remi shoulders and walked with him through the halls, up the stairs, and into the bedroom.

Luckily, the two already showered—separately of course since, no restraints—before they put Elio to bed. Therefore, they were ready for bed.

As tradition, Marcelo put on The Polar Express before the two hopped into bed. Remi sighed upon feeling the comfort of Marcelo's bed since it's been so long. The two put a bit of distance between themselves. More or less because of the fact that the last time they'd watched The Polar Express on Christmas Eve, Remi wasn't exactly pure anymore.

As the movie played on, Remi's eyes got heavier and heavier. His breathing slowed down, and he eventually dozed off into a deep sleep. Marcelo looked Remi's way after a while and noticed that he was asleep, soft breaths escaping his slightly opened lips.

Standing up, Marcelo flicked the lamp off before settling back down in the bed. He pulled the bed sheets over Remi and turned the tv off, pulling the sheets over himself. He fought against the urge to cuddle up against Remi as he sighed contently and closed his own eyes, soon falling into a sleep as deep as Remi's.

The next day, Marcelo and Remi were leaning against the kitchen counter as they both sipped from their mugs of early morning coffee that'd sent a comforting scent throughout the house.

They were waiting patiently for Elio to wake up. They were anxiously excited for Elio to find out all of the things that "Santa" had brought him.

"How do you think he's gonna react to his gifts?" Marcelo asked.

"I think he's gonna love them. We got him way more than I got him last year and the year before that so he might even be a bit overwhelmed, not gonna lie."

"Awe, that's okay," Marcelo chuckled. "We did go a bit overboard though, didn't we?"

"We?! You!" Remi giggled. "I practically begged you not to spend all of your money."

"Oh, don't you be like that. I saw you sneaking extra toys into the basket."

Remi giggled again, blushing and looking down at the warm mug in his hands. After a few seconds, he looked up at Marcelo and smiled. "I had to. Eli's my little sweetheart."

Marcelo smiled back, enjoying how adoring Remi was of Elio. "Yeah, I know. He deserves having a wonderful parent like you."

"Come on," Remi dragged, shoving Marcelo gently by his shoulder. "You're a great parent too."

Marcelo looked down at his mug and fidgeted with the handle. Remi could see guilt present on his face. It made his face fall a bit and his heart drop.

"Marcelo, y—"

Then out of nowhere, Remi heard Elio crying from his room. His head turned up swiftly—thanks to his parental reflexes—towards the upstairs part of the house where Elio was. He placed his mug on the counter before he rushed out of the kitchen, up the stairs, and over to Elio's room. There, he saw a very upset Elio on the bed in his Christmas pajamas. He walked over to the bed and picked him up. "What's wrong, Eli?"