Heart Attacks - CHAPTER 96

"Wait, shh," Remi giggled, putting his finger up to his lips. He tiptoed to Elio's room, Marcelo close behind him.

"You think he's asleep?"

"Yeah, if he was up, he would've come in our room."

Remi placed his hand on the knob of Elio's door that was slightly cracked and pushed it open slowly. The two stepped inside, still tiptoeing, and they walked over to Elio's bed where they saw him knocked out. They crept over to his bed, and Remi gently shook his shoulders. "Eli, baby, wake up."

Elio squirmed around, stretching but not waking up.

"Eli, wake up."

Elio squirmed around and stretched once more before his eyes slowly began opening, their beautiful hunter green and honey brown color exposed.

"Good morning, buddy," Remi smiled.

"Mornin'."

"Guess what?"

"Wha?"

"It's your birthday."

"Birthday!"

"Yeah."

Without warning, Elio flew up into Remi's arms and hugged him tightly. Remi giggled and hugged him back just as tight.

"Happy birthday, Lio. Love you, man," Marcelo smiled and ruffled Elio's hair.

"Thanks, DuhDuh!"

Remi stood up and kissed Elio's cheek, making Elio giggle. They all walked to the kitchen, and Elio gasped when he saw the waffle palooza on the kitchen counter. He loves his waffles.

"Affle-laffles!"

"Yeah, we made them for you. You can add chocolate syrup, sprinkles, ice cream, anything you want."

Elio squealed and jumped down before hopping up onto one of the barstools by the kitchen counter. His eyes ran over everything that was on the table: the waffles, sprinkles, chocolate syrup, ice cream, bacon, sausage, eggs, biscuits, pineapples, apple juice, and more.

He nearly wanted everything that was on the table—his eyes bigger than his stomach—but Remi made him do small portions at a time just in case he got full.

Once he was finished, his mouth and chin was a mess of sweet desserts. Remi took him upstairs and let him take a shower and get ready while Marcelo set everything up for the party.

While Elio got dressed, Remi went to fix the bathroom back up. He put Elio's pajamas in his dirty clothes basket, cleaned the shower, and put Elio's soaps and shampoos back into the cabinet. On the way out of the bathroom, he had to pass by the mirror. While doing so, he got a little curious and stopped in his place, lifting his shirt above his stomach. As he turned to the side, he noticed a small pudge near the bottom of his abdomen. It wasn't huge, but it was noticeable in Remi's eyes. Remi smiled softly and put his shirt back down.

He was so excited that today was the day he could tell Marcelo about the baby. Keeping the secret felt like a crime, and he couldn't wait to see the happy smile on Marcelo's face as he let his secret out.

As Remi was walking back to Elio's room, he saw Elio running out of his room in his little swim trunks that were light blue and had a dark blue shark on the left thigh.

"Ready, buddy?"

"Yah! Ready to swim!"

"I know you are, but you have to wait until all of your friends get here," Remi said after scooping Elio up and walking down the stairs.