Hello - CHAPTER 102

"Eli, try to hurry, buddy. Don't wanna be late," Remi called out to Elio who was in the bathroom brushing his teeth.

Remi walked over to Elio's room and grabbed his little book bag off of his bed as well as his shoes from the closet. He took them back over to his and Marcelo's room. He saw Marcelo standing in front of the mirror fixing up his tie. He also saw Elio now waiting patiently on the edge of the bed. Remi walked up to him and said, "Here, hold your foot up."

But just as Remi was about to bend down to put Elio's shoes on for him, he felt two hands on his hips keeping him from doing so. He stood back up and turned around, seeing Marcelo behind him.

"I know you were used to having to do everything by yourself, but I'm here now so let me do everything for you," he said to where only Remi could hear. Remi smiled and nodded, thankfully, handing Elio's shoes to Marcelo's.

While Marcelo put Elio's shoes on, Remi took the time to check and make sure that he had everything he needed for the day packed in his bags. Once he was finished, he stepped into his light brown Birkenstock sandals, wanting to match his comfortable outfit that consisted of a pastel yellow lace dress that fit his body snugly, showing off his small bump. He also had his hair down, curls bouncing adorably with a little fake daisy flower in his hair. And around his neck, he had on the second book necklace that Marcelo bought him.

"Here, let me get all of our bags to the car," Marcelo said as he grabbed Remi's bags and put them on his shoulder along with Elio's bag and his own bag. "You look beautiful by the way."

Remi blushed a deep pink, butterflies squirming around in his stomach along with the babies. "Thank you."

"You look boo-ful, Mama," Elio said before following Marcelo out of the room. Remi could do nothing but smile as he turned all of the lights off and followed the two downstairs. He grabbed his ice cold water bottle from the fridge and left out of the front door, seeing Marcelo packing all of the bags into it.

Remi was quick to rush into the car; since it was August, it was very hot outside, and Remi hated that. The heat made his hot flashes and nausea worse. Therefore, once he made it into the car, he turned the a/c all the way up. Marcelo didn't care. As long as Remi was comfortable.

"Need me to fan you, m'lady?" Marcelo joked as he pulled out of the driveway and down the road. Remi giggled and shook his head, no.

However, as the car ride went on, Remi wished he'd said yes. The air wasn't enough. It was as if no amount of air could overtake his heat flashes. He wasn't sweating or anything, but he could feel the heat flashes inside of him, making him hotter and hotter.

He concluded that it had to be nerves because alongside the heat flashes, there was anxiousness. Most of said anxiousness coming from the fact that Elio was about to go to school. That really did a number on Remi.

Even as the car pulled into Elio's little school, Remi had to take a few breaths to calm himself. But even then, he still felt nervous and nauseous, dreading having to say goodbye to Elio. He was more nervous about Elio's first day than his own first day as a teacher.

Remi snapped out of his thoughts when he heard Marcelo's voice and felt a hand on his arm. "He's gonna be alright, Teo. He can handle it. Come on," Marcelo reassured sweetly.

Remi nodded and took another deep breath as he and Marcelo got out of the car. Remi walked to the back and opened Elio's door, unbuckling him. Elio climbed out and grabbed his little book bag, letting Remi help him put it on.

Already, Remi could see a bunch of families surrounding them, getting their kids to the front as well. And some of the parents looked just as nervous as he did, so he felt a bit better. Despite this, Remi's throat and nose began to burn. A sure sign of pre-crying.