Laid - CHAPTER 52

"Ew, gross," Remi said playfully, scrunching his face up as he walked past Jaxon and Damon who were giving each other goodbye kisses. Jaxon shot him the bird, making him chuckle.

"Unca Jax!" Elio yelped.

"Hi, Little Red." Jaxon smiled and picked Elio up, hugging him. Elio looked at Damon and waved.

"Hey, Mini Marce."

Elio giggled at the nickname. He doesn't know why Damon calls him Mini Marce, but he loves it. A smile tugged at Remi's lips upon hearing the nickname. It was cute, and it was one hundred percent true.

"He's too cute. We're adopting him, Remi." Jaxon smiled.

Remi gasped and shook his head abruptly before grabbing Elio from Jaxon's arms and hugging him. "Nuuu, he's mi joya."

"Jewel!" Elio grinned. Remi smiled right back at him. He'd been trying to teach Elio some Spanish along with English so that he'd be fluent in both like him.

"It's sad that he knows more Spanish than I do." Damon said.

"Yeah, you're a little smartie, aren't you, Little Red?" Jaxon added as he poked at Elio's sides. Elio giggled and squirmed around. Remi's heart exploded at the sweet sounds.

Remi eventually said goodbye to Damon and walked away, taking Elio up to the KidzReadz section so that he could play and look at all of the books and library pets.

"Anna fee e-pig." (Wanna feed Guinea Pig.) Elio said as he and Remi climbed the stairs.

"You wanna feed the Guinea Pig?"

"Yah."

"Okay. Go put your stuff down, and we'll see if Mrs. Callum has some lettuce for them. You can feed them while Mama works, okay?"

"Kay."

Elio ran as fast as he could over to the couch and sat his little book bag and the juice box that he had in his hand down. He then ran back over to Remi and grabbed his hand before they walked back down the steps. They saw Mrs. Callum standing next to the F shelf with a clipboard and pen in her hands, writing down what books needed to be restocked. She had her reading glasses on the edge of her nose and her hair pulled up. She looked up upon seeing the two come towards her.

Remi smiled at Elio and nodded. Elio stepped forward shyly.

"Le-uce?" (Lettuce?)

"Wait, Eli. What did we say to do when you start speaking to ladies?"

Elio's sheepish smile popped up as he said, "Ow your day?" (How your day?)

"Why look at you being a little gentleman," Mrs. Callum said as she took her glasses off. "My day has been amazing. Thank you for asking."

"Okay, now you can ask her, Eli."

"Mmm... le-uce."

"What?"

"E-pig... le-uce." (Guinea Pig... Lettuce.)

"Oh! Ah, you need lettuce for the Guinea Pigs."

Elio nodded expeditiously.

"Alright, Mr. Elio. Come on."

Elio followed Mrs. Callum into her office. Remi waited outside. He's been trying to train Elio into having a sense of independency. He already had a lot of independency for his age, but he's kind of shy though, so Remi wants to break him out of that. He definitely got his shyness from Remi which is how Remi noticed it.

A few seconds later, Elio came out of the office in front of Mrs. Callum, the big grin that he was wearing still present. He stood on his toes and held the lettuce up.