Too Bad He's Gay - CHAPTER 6

Marcelo mopped the diner part of the café tiredly. It was the end of yet another day of work at his family's cafe. He hadn't seen Remi for a few days. A new book was released by a famous author, and Remi had been extremely busy dealing with the crowd, much to his shyness's despise.

Yawning, Marcelo put the mop back into its carrier and moved it back over to the kitchen, putting it in the cleaning closet. He closed it and turned back around, stumbling over to the door frame of the kitchen to lean against it and watch his family communicate. After a while, everyone saw him standing idle so they turned to him.

"What's gotten you so glum?" the Reid's mother, Annalise questioned out of curiosity.

"His boyfriend. He misses his boyfriendddd!" Blaire said annoyingly.

"I do not have a boyfriend."

"Cut the bullshit. We've all seen you talking to Remi every single day that he's come in here."

"I just met him less than a fortnight ago. He's not my boyfriend—"

"—Yet," Blaire finished. Marcelo rolled his eyes in amusement.

"Who's Remi?" Marcela, the sister right underneath Blaire asked.

"One of our regulars. He's the one with the vitiligo."

"Oh, Remi! He's so cute. And his style. I love his style. Marcelo, if you don't marry him, I will."

"Too bad that he's gay." Marcelo winced. "Sucks for you. You can't marry him."

"Oh, you're really into him. You wouldn't find out his sexuality unless you want to be with him."

"And any of this is your business because..."

"Because I need to know when I'm planning a wedding. Dates and times need to be set."

"Blaire, quit it. Let me be friends with him first for crying out loud."

Marcelo was being honest. He genuinely wanted to be Remi's friend. At least for now. Remi seemed like such a wonderful being to be around. Underneath all of his shyness, Marcelo could tell that a beautiful personality was hiding. Remi was silly and sweet and everything that a good friend is. Marcelo just has to finish breaking his shell.

"Whatever. I bet that in less than two more months, you guys'll be together. I bet."

"O-kay," Marcelo shrugged, dragging the O.

"Anyway. All done, Marce?" Annalise asked.

"Yep, the diner's all clean."

"Alright, let's all head out."

The fourteen filed out of the café, locking the doors behind them. The Reid father, Archer, pulled the family car around and the younger ones hopped in. Since most of the Reid's were older and had cars, they had to drive. There was no way that all fourteen of them could fit in one car. Today, Marcelo rode with Blaire which he highly regretted now that all Blaire had been talking about was how he's "into Remi."

This was going to be a long car ride.

-----------------------

"Just get it from him if he has one. It's that simple."

"It's not that simple. He's shy, and I don't want to make him uncomfortable."

"Okay, well ask and tell him that he doesn't have to give it to you if he doesn't want to. And then, if he doesn't want to give it to you, just keep talking to him in person until he's comfortable."

Marcelo groaned. He really wanted Remi's number. Especially for times like this when they didn't see each other everyday. It would be fun to be able to communicate through technology whenever and wherever. That would be the absolute best.

"Marcelo, if you don't get his number, I will," the brother underneath Marcela, Blaise, said. He was bi and didn't mind flaunting that. Marcelo scrunched up his eyebrows and shook his head rapidly.

"No the hell you won't."

"Jealous that I will?"

Marcelo stood up and trudged up to Blaise who was sitting on the couch.

"Try me." he snarled.

"Relax, Marce. He's obviously joking. Geez, if you'd fight your own brother over him, then you two definitely need to be together."

Marcelo gave Blaise one last look of warning before walking back over to his seat and sitting down. He grabbed his beer and took a swig of it. Then, he looked at Blaire again and said, "I'm getting that number."