Stuffed Animals and Barf - CHAPTER 9

"Mar-Marcel—lp... elp... help."

"Oh! Jesus, Remi. I'm sorry."

Marcelo grabbed one of the stuffed animals out of Remi's hand just as he was about to drop it. He then grabbed half of the rest as well to relieve Remi who was about to drown in them.

The two spent at least thirty minutes at the carnival part of the fair. Marcelo wanted to win all of the stuffies that he possibly could for Remi. Remi silently pleaded with his eyes for Marcelo to stop, but Marcelo kept saying, "One more. Just one more," which led to two more, to five more, to eight more, to ten more. Remi's room would definitely be crowded with stuffed animals.

Marcelo softly nudged Remi over to another part of the fair. Remi couldn't see because of the stuffies in his arms, but he trusted that Marcelo would take them to the right place. And eventually, they got there. As Remi stepped cautiously into wherever they were, Marcelo got in behind him to make sure that he didn't slip. Once they were all the way in, Remi sighed in relief and sat the stuffies in the middle of him and Marcelo on the seat. That's when he looked around and saw where they were.

Oh, god no.

The Ferris Wheel.

How in the world could Remi let Marcelo take him to the most cliché part of the fair? No way. Remi looked at the exit of their Ferris Wheel car, but he realized that the Ferris Wheel had already begun moving. He bit his lip and settled into the seat.

He's read too many books to like Ferris Wheels. They're so cliché and annoying. They practically symbolize first kisses which he was terrified of. There was absolutely no way that he would kiss Marcelo on the Ferris Wheel. On the Ferris Wheel! No, anywhere but.

As the ride went higher and higher, Remi got more and more anxious. He squeezed the stuffies that were next to him and tried his best to look away from Marcelo. Especially since Marcelo was staring right at him and wouldn't look away. He squirmed and fidgeted, hoping to get out of the cruel torture that was Marcelo's eyes.

"Why are you trying so hard not to look at me, Remi?"

Remi's head snapped up to Marcelo. He gulped and linked his fingers together. He had so many questions to ask, but he was too afraid to ask them. Maybe only one for now.

"W-Why did you bring me h-here?"

"To the fair or the Ferris Wheel?"

"B-Both."

Marcelo looked at Remi for a while to try and figure out which answer he wanted. Did he want Marcelo to be discreet or blunt? Marcelo didn't know. And quite frankly, he wanted to be as blunt as he could. He didn't want to prolong this anymore than he had to.

"I am going to be completely honest, and I don't want you to freak out."

Remi chewed on the inside of his cheek as he waited.

"I know that we decided to be friends, but I want to be more than friends with you. I have since I met you. I just... I didn't know if you'd want to be more than friends too."

Marcelo took a few seconds before he looked back at Remi. Remi was looking at him with those pretty, big, brown eyes and beautiful lashes that made his body go numb. Remi shook his head, no, which made Marcelo's chest sting until Remi began to explain.

"Why w-would you want to be with m-me. I'm nothing special. I don—"

"Yes, you are, Remi. You're amazing. Everything about you is. I don't see why anyone wouldn't want to be with you."

"A-Are you sure?"

"Yes, I'm sure," Marcelo chuckled.

Marcelo couldn't help it. He finally gave in and wrapped his arms around Remi. Remi gasped, but he relaxed soon, settling into Marcelo's chest, finding comfort in his warmth. He then wrapped his arms around Marcelo's torso which made Marcelo smile. "You're so small. You're like a pocket toy."

"I-I'm not small."

"Remi, my hand is almost bigger than your head. You're super small. It's cute though. You're cute."

------

"Ugh, I'm sorry, Remi."

"I don't... f-feel good," Remi panted.

Grabbing Remi's hand, Marcelo ran over to the exit of the fair where the grass surface was. But honestly, Remi didn't care what kind of surface he was standing on. He was just happy that he was away from everyone because as soon as he was, he bent over, puking his guts up. He didn't even have Marcelo's support because Marcelo was a few feet away from him doing the same thing: puking.

How did this happen, you may ask. Well, after the two got off of the Ferris Wheel, they decided to go and eat again since the first time, they'd only gotten funnel cakes. This time, they got corn dogs, nachos, and a big cup of lemonade each. And after that, Marcelo dragged Remi over to another roller coaster: The Big Dipper. It had dips, twists, turns, and everything that you can name. Which, as you can tell, was not good for either of them.

Remi groaned and squeezed his eyes closed. He felt so dizzy and nauseous. After a while, he felt a hand on his back. Marcelo's. Marcelo must not have been as sick as Remi was because he immediately began attempting to comfort Remi. He rubbed his back and soothed him as best as he could.

Once Remi was sure that he wouldn't barf anymore, he groaned again and stood up. Marcelo ended up buying water bottles for both of them, so they both took sips of their own to soothe their throats.

Remi was still in a sick daze afterwards, so Marcelo bent down slightly and picked Remi up, wrapping Remi's legs around his waist. Remi didn't even notice. He felt too sick to notice. He just laid his head on Marcelo's shoulder and tried to relax. Marcelo adjusted Remi to a comfortable spot in his arms and soon, the two were heading off to leave and pick up Paxton.

Once they arrived at the café, the two said their thanks to Blaire as well as goodbyes. Paxton hopped in and they then began driving to Remi's apartment. The drive wasn't long of course which is obvious since Remi easily walks to and fro each and every day. When Marcelo's car pulled up to the front of Remi's place, the car was silent. Remi didn't move. He bit his lip and looked down at his shoes for a while.

"What is it, Remi? I know you have something to say."