Boring Saturdays - CHAPTER 8

Remi sighed as he laid on the couch watching tv. It was a very boring Saturday. One of those Saturdays where you have absolutely nothing to do and absolutely nothing you like is playing on tv. He had the day off which he hated because he didn't really know what to do on off days. The café, the library, and Paxton were his only reasons to get out of the house. None of those reasons applied to him today.

Why? Well, Remi wasn't in the mood for coffee. As mentioned before, he had the day off, and he'd already taken Paxton outside to do his business. Therefore, he was bored out of his mind.

Sighing again, Remi turned over on the couch and shut his eyes, deciding to go to sleep. Just as he did, his phone pinged on the coffee table. He turned back over and reached out, grabbing the phone off of the table. It turned on and he looked at who it was that'd texted him. He already knew who it was since he only had one number saved in his phone. Marcelo's.

The two hadn't texted yet. Marcelo wanted to give Remi the chance to open up first. Of course, that didn't happen. Remi needed a nudge from someone else first, hence Marcelo texting him now.

Marcelo☘️🍄: Hey. Busy?

Not even a bit.

Remi: No

Remi: Why?

Marcelo☘️🍄: Hmm. If I tell you why, you can't say no to what I propose.

Remi: Okay, nothing crazy.

Marcelo☘️🍄: 😈

Remi: No

Marcelo☘️🍄: I'm joking, I'm joking.

Marcelo☘️🍄: Alright. Want to hang out?

Remi: Depends on where.

Marcelo☘️🍄: I'll tell you where when I see you. It'll be fun. I promise!

Remi: Mmm...

Remi: Okay, if it'll be as fun as you say it'll be.

Marcelo☘️🍄: It will be. Let's meet outside of the café at 2:30 pm.

Marcelo☘️🍄: And dress comfy! See you soon ;)

-------

2:25pm rolled around quickly. Remi had actually gotten ready pretty fast, opposing to his own expectations. He had on light blue sweatpants, a dark blue slightly cropped tank top, and a dark blue crochet bucket hat with his curls springing out from underneath. This time, Marcelo wouldn't be able to mess them up.

Remi walked quickly, carrying Paxton in his arms. It took him three minutes, but he made it on time to the café. The first person that he saw was Marcelo waiting by the door. Marcelo recognized him and smiled in acknowledgment.

"Hey!"

"Hi," Remi replied timidly.

"Nice outfit today. Where'd you get the hat?"

"M-My grandma made it for me a long time ago. It's old."

"It's cute though. I like it."

"Th-Thanks."

The two looked at each other, wondering what to say next. Remi chewed on the inside of his cheek after a while. He didn't know what to say. Would he compliment Marcelo just as Marcelo had him? Would he ask him what he was doing—no that's only for virtual conversations. He looked down at his shoes and rubbed the tips of his shoe against the pavement of the ground.