He Not Your Duddy - CHAPTER 85

Stepping inside of the library, Remi sighed happily as he felt a wave of comfort wrap around his body. He squeezed Elio's hand in his just as he felt Marcelo snake an arm around him and turn him towards him. He put his index finger underneath Remi's chin and lifted his head up slightly. Remi felt the warm pad of Marcelo's thumb gently rub his lower lip.

"Goodbye, princess," Marcelo said lowly.

"Bye, daddy," Remi said, only mouthing the latter. Marcelo hummed with a smirk before he leaned forward and placed a snug goodbye kiss on his lips. Then, he came back up and placed one on Remi's forehead.

"I love you. I'll be here to pick you guys up later."

"Kay. Love you more."

Leaning down, Marcelo scooped up Elio and kissed his temple. "Bye, Lio. Be good for Mama, okay?"

"Kay, DuhDuh. Love oo."

"Love you too, buddy."

With that, Marcelo left off for work. Remi took a minute to recollect himself, getting chills from seeing Marcelo in his work suit.

Once Remi turned around to start walking, he saw Mrs. Callum leaning against the door frame of her office, shaking her head in amusement. Remi immediately flushed red.

"You two are gonna be trouble again. I think I'm gonna put my rule back into place."

Her rule being not letting Remi and Marcelo be in the library together. Said rule was put into place after Damon caught the two having sex in the KidzReadz aisles of the library years ago. And then said rule was also applied to Damon and Jaxon after Remi caught the two having sex in the KidzReadz aisles as well.

Poor Kidz.

"That won't be... necessary, I'm sure," Remi nodded as he scratched the back of his neck.

"I dunno. He looked at you like you were a bite to eat or something."

"He always does. I swear we won't do anything," Remi cringed, not really wanting to have this conversation with someone he considers to be a mother figure.

"Alright. I'll listen to you for now."

Remi let out a breath of relief. He went into Mrs. Callum's office to check in and put his and Elio's bags down. He then took his and Elio's breakfast bags out and handed one of them to Elio, holding his own in his hand.

"How are you doing in school?" he heard Mrs. Callum ask.

"I'm doing great actually."

"That's awesome. Ready to graduate, huh?"

"Yeah, for sure. Then, I can get a real job—no offense to you or anything."

"None taken. I understand that this job doesn't pay a lot for you. I'm glad that you're doing what you need to do."

"Thank you. I appreciate that."

Mrs. Callum smiled before she put her reading glasses back on and looked back down at the papers on her desk. Remi and Elio left the office, Elio holding his stuffed elephant in one arm and his breakfast bag in the other. The two went to the back to the break room to eat at the table. Marcelo had gotten them little sausage egg biscuits and bacon from the cafe as well as a morning frappucino for Remi.

Remi watched Elio closely as they ate, not wanting him to choke or anything. Therefore, it was quiet for a while until Elio broke the silence.

"Mama?"

"Mhm?"

"Why do you and DuhDuh touch lips?"

Remi choked on his biscuit a bit. His eyes bulged as he turned his head to cough.