Love. I think? - CHAPTER 20

"And who are you, sir?" the reception woman of Marcelo's software center asked.

"I-I'm Remi Declan. I'm-I'm Marcelo's boyf-friend."

"Ah, yes. Mr. Reid's boyfriend. Give me a second," the woman said politely as she picked up the phone on her desk and put it up to her ear. "Yes, Mr. Reid. Your sweet little boyfriend is here. Want me to send him on up?... Alrighty, he's on his way," she said, putting the phone back up. She then looked at Remi again. "Go ahead, dear. His office is the third room on the left on the fourth floor."

"Okay, th-thank you."

"No problem."

Turning around, Remi walked towards the elevator and got onto it, clicking the button for the fourth floor. Once arriving, the elevator opened and Remi saw a beautiful woman with brown, curly hair and slightly dark skin. The woman smiled at him before walking past and getting onto the elevator.

Remi kept forward, not stopping until he'd gotten to the third door on the left, Marcelo's office. He brought his hand up and knocked on the door softly. After waiting, he heard a come in. He grabbed the door knob and twisted it, pushing the door open. He stepped inside and shut the door behind him before turning back around towards Marcelo who was sitting at his desk, smiling. It wasn't really a genuine smile though. It was like Marcelo was stressed, but he forced a smile on his face for Remi.

"Hey!"

"Hi," Remi smiled.

Marcelo motioned for him to come here before pulling him onto his lap and pecking his lips warmly. "Mmm. How was your day?"

"G-Good."

"Ooo, did you get your nails done?"

"Oh, y-yeah. I did." Remi said, holding his hand out for Marcelo to see them. He'd gotten a nude color polish. "I got extr-tra on my check, s-so I had enough to p-pay for them."

"They look good against your skin tone. And hey, let me know if you ever need me to pay. I don't mind paying for you to get your nails done—or paying for anything really."

"N-No, you don't have to. I g-got it."

"Nonsense. I don't mind spending money on you so don't ever be afraid to ask, okay?"

Reluctantly, Remi nodded.

"How was y-your day?"

"Slightly... stressful. But, you're here now so it's awesome," Marcelo said, placing his face in Remi's neck and absorbing his warmth. Remi placed his hand on Marcelo's nape and rubbed it, sighing. "Christmas is in a few weeks, y'know."

"I know. I'm s-so excited. Are you g-gonna put a Christmas tree up a-at your place?"

"Do you have one?"

"N-No... I am currently... s-saving up money t-to buy your gifts," Remi said, leaning back with a smile.

"My gifts?! Teo, you don't have to buy any gifts for me."

"I w-want to. The way that you t-treat me... I've never been treated like this b-before, and I just... I don't really know what l-love is, but I think that I love you," Remi nodded. "I just want t-to show you how much I think I l-love you because you've already done s-so much for me."

Marcelo was speechless.

"Remi... what... where... I—Oh my gosh, you're adorable," Marcelo hugged Remi to his chest and placed his hand on the back of Remi's head. "Love. You don't have to buy gifts for people that you love to show them that you love them. Love is... a feeling essentially... that you feel for someone. Your level of appreciation for them.

"You can show them your love with your actions: being there for them when they need you, showing them just how important they are to you, treating them like gold. Remi, you aren't just gold. You're golden, and I plan to show you what real love is every single day that you walk the earth with me."

"S-So you... you l—"

"I love you too."

Remi exhaled out of relief and smiled big. He threw his arms around Marcelo's neck and squeezed him in a hug. Marcelo wrapped his arms around Remi's waist and placed a kiss on the nape of his neck.

Remi felt... amazing. He finally had someone to care for him. To love him and actually show that love to him. For eleven years, he'd carried around with him this nagging feeling of rejection, neglection, and betrayal. It was always heavy and gloomy for him until now. Now that Marcelo is here... things may finally be looking up for him.

Don't you think so?