Another Chance at My Promise - Part 1

a/n: When you see (**), click play on the song—if you want.

----------------------------

The weeks passed by quickly, a sign of them being filled with happiness. Time passing meant that the babies got older and older. Remi's belly grew more and more everyday. He was still small for being seventeen weeks, but he was big enough to have to wear a support band underneath his belly.

Lately, Remi's been feeling tiny little flutters in his belly every now and then, but no kicks just yet. Rick said that the flutters could either be the twins having hiccups, or them twisting and turning.

Not only that but since Remi is four months, this was a huge checkpoint for Marcelo and Remi. With Elio, four months was around the time that Marcelo left for two years. And now, he was here to stay for good.

And today. Today is a big day. It's Remi's 27th birthday and so far, Marcelo has gone all out. He surprised Remi with gifts this morning. They ended up being a few pregnancy things that Remi needed. He had more gifts for Remi coming soon.

"Where are we going?" Remi asked as he, Marcelo, and Elio climbed the stairs of this building Marcelo brought them to. Marcelo walked behind Remi, making sure he didn't fall.

"You'll see."

When the three got up to the top of the stairs, Marcelo moved in front of Remi so that he could open the door. As he did so, Remi felt his jaw fall. The place that Marcelo had taken him to was beautiful.

They were on the roof of the building. It was like an outdoor wedding reception area. The ceiling had fairy lights spread out that came all the way across on all four sides and hung down, creating walls of fairy lights that let air in in between. There were beautiful gray tables and chairs all around as well as bright green plants that decorated the area. Some tangled up with the fairy lights to give it a nature kind of look. It was decorated like Remi's old room in his apartment.

"Whoa. Celo, did y—"

"SURPRISE!"

Remi nearly had a heart attack. He flinched and jumped back, grabbing Marcelo's hand as he looked around and saw the gang come out from behind a wall that was hidden. There was Remi's family, Marcelo's family, Mrs. Callum, and the Stones.

"Oh my gosh." Remi turned to face Marcelo. "You did all this for me?"

"You deserve it, Teo. Plus, it's a part of my promise that is now—since you're four months—in full effect."

With a big grin on his face, Remi jumped into Marcelo's arms and hugged him tightly. "Thank you for all of this, Celo. It's beautiful."

"You're welcome, princess."

Remi got back down and went over to everyone, hugging them and greeting them.

"You look so pretty, Remi!" Marcela complimented.

"Thank you, Cela," Remi smiled.

All of a sudden, Remi felt a bunch of hands grabbing him and pulling him away from Marcela, towards the middle of the big area, and down into one of the chairs. He looked up and saw Ainsley, Amelie, Aiko, and Blaire. Blaire winked at him before the four walked away and sat with everyone else who was now at the different tables all around.

Looking back forward again, Remi saw Marcelo standing in front of him with an acoustic guitar in his hands?

Where in the world did he get that from?

(**)

Then, Marcelo began playing the guitar, and that's when the real confusion began. Since when did Marcelo know how to play the guitar. The melody was beautiful though.