Broken... Unbroken Promise - CHAPTER 57

For the next few days, Marcelo showed up to Remi's place daily after he got off of work to hang out with Elio. He and Remi skipped over the topic of their relationship. They figured that it was best if the two of them just focused on Elio for now.

Marcelo ended up going back to finish his conversation with his family. It wasn't fun, but it was absolutely necessary. Marcelo didn't want to bring Elio around them yet though. He wanted Elio to get used to him first because he was scared that his family might overwhelm Elio since it's so many of them.

"Did you ever get those pictures that I sent you after Elio was born?"

"Yeah, I did. Those were in the collection of the pictures of you two that I looked at every day."

Remi hummed. He felt better knowing that he'd gotten to share at least a little bit of Elio's newborn phase with Marcelo. The two were sitting on the couch chatting since Elio suddenly became whiny and got put down for a nap.

"I uh... I like what you did... with the hair." Marcelo said, gesturing at his hair.

"What? Growing it out?"

"Yeah, it fits you."

"Thanks. It actually wasn't my intention to grow it out, but I was so busy after having Elio and starting school that I didn't ever get a chance to cut it, so I've just been growing it ever since."

"School?"

"Oh. Yeah, I'm in college now."

"Really?"

"Yeah, Elio's gonna make me go broke, so I need to get a better job and most jobs with extremely good pay require a degree, so that's what I'm gonna shoot for."

"Wow, that's really good, Remi."

Remi smiled and looked down at his hands.

"What're you gonna major in?" Marcelo then asked.

"Mmm, I'm not 100% sure, but I'm thinking Literature. I want to be either a literature teacher or a writer. Books, poems, etc."

"Ah. I can definitely see you being a writer."

"That's what Mrs. Callum, Jaxon, and Damon told me. I guess it must be true."

"Yeah, you give me dark academian, Victorian author vibes that writes books with only a lamp on in the room and a cup of coffee on the side."

"That doesn't sound too bad. I might have to take you up on that and prove you right."

"I hope you do. I'll be rooting for you."

Remi blushed darkly. Something about Marcelo supporting him made his heart burst with happiness.

Marcelo smiled at how cute the blush looked. Everything about Remi was cute, adorable. But it wasn't his place to say that aloud anymore. He'd messed that opportunity up.

Remi then looked up at Marcelo and smiled softly when he saw Marcelo looking at him. Marcelo smiled back before looking away and checking his watch. "I uh... I should go. Little guy is probably out for the night, isn't he?"

"Yeah, probably. I've got him on a schedule so that he sleeps while I'm doing school."

"Makes sense," Marcelo nodded. Then, he hummed. "I don't know if this is too much to ask. If it is, then don't worry about it, but I was wondering if I could take Elio to meet my family tomorrow. Only if you want him to... and you can come too if you feel like you need to," Marcelo nodded, nervous.

"Marcelo, you don't have to ask me to take Elio to meet his father's family. How many times do I have to tell you that me and you are on good terms? Do what you need to do. And, if you're sure that it won't cause any conflict, I would be happy to see your family again."