Glowing - CHAPTER 24

Marcelo opened the car door for Remi, letting him hop out of the car. He then wrapped an arm around Remi's waist and pulled him close, kissing him before leaning back. The same glow from earlier was still present on Remi's skin that was now pink from the cold winter air biting at it.

"You're glowing today."

"G-Glowing?"

"Yeah, I don't know what it is but your skin is shining for some reason."

Remi hummed and shrugged, brushing what Marcelo said off. The two walked up the pathway to Marcelo's parents' house and up the stairs where Blaire was already waiting, smiling.

"Hi, guys!"

"Hey, B!"

"Hi."

Blaire grabbed Remi and yanked him into a hug. Remi yelped and nearly tripped before Blaire caught him.

"Blaire, let the poor boy go." Archer, the Reids' dad called out from the kitchen.

Blaire groaned but let Remi go. Marcelo stepped inside and pulled Remi close to him, closing the door. All of the siblings walked up to the door and greeted the two, hugging them. That is until Blaire noticed what Marcelo had been noticing.

"Wait a minute... he's glowing." she said.

"Yeah, he is." Aiko agreed, gaping at Remi. Then, both Blaire and Aiko looked at each other and gasped.

"Oh my gosh! You two had sex, didn't you?"

Remi's eyes went as wide as saucers. All that Marcelo did was smirk.

"Ew, gross, you pervert. How dare you taint innocent Remi?" Aiko snarled, pulling Remi to her side. Remi chuckled anxiously and wiggled his fingers, signaling for Marcelo to help him. Marcelo grabbed his hand and pulled him out of Aiko's grasp.

"Oh please. Remi was nowhere near innocent," Marcelo smirked again, looking down at Remi who was too embarrassed to meet anyone's eyes. "Now, may we please sit down?"

Everyone turned around to go back to their seats. Marcelo helped Remi out of his winter-wear and shoes, and he got out of his own before they both went over to the kitchen where Marcelo's parents were preparing Christmas dinner. Marcelo kissed his mom on the cheek before hugging his father. And as expected, Remi was pulled into a hug by both Archer and Annalise. He didn't mind though. It filled him with happiness.

"Now, what was that about you two... you know?" Annalise lead on.

"Ma, can we... not?"

"I'm serious, Marce. I love both of you, but no grand-babies yet. Not while I'm still raising nearly half of your siblings. Protection, okay?"

"Alright, alright. We'll... use protection." Marcelo said before hurriedly nudging Remi back towards the living room. "I'm so sorry. I don't know what's gotten into all of them today."

"It's okay." Remi smiled. He was just happy to be in a house so cheerful.

-------------

"Jace and Grey are the babies of the family. They're still in high school." Amelie gloated.

"You can't even talk. You just graduated high school a few months ago." Grey opposed.

"And you too, Ames." Jace said, eyes straight on Ames, Amelie's twin.

Remi watched the argument unfold at the dinner table about who was older than who. Marcelo chuckled knowing that he was the oldest of everyone. He leaned back in his chair and wrapped an arm around the back of Remi's chair. Remi leaned closer and asked, "D-Does this happen all of the t-time?"

"Yep, you might wanna get used to it."

"Heh..." Remi smiled skittishly and leaned back against his chair.

"Guys! Guys, relax. I swear all of you haven't mentally aged passed fourteen, so it doesn't matter who's the oldest or youngest." Archer sassed. "But to be fair, Jace, you are the youngest."

"Oh come on, Dad. I thought you'd have my back."

Everyone burst into laughter, making Remi begin to giggle.

"Why would he when he and mom are the ones who had you last. They're the cause of the issue," Ainsley laughed. Jace shot her the bird, hiding it behind one of his hands.

"Ohhohoho, dear siblings. You're missing the one and only most important fact here. I am the oldest of all of you." Marcelo teased.

"Piss off. That just makes you old, not cool." Ames glared.

"Hello?" Archer shouted, pointing between him and Annalise.

"No offense dad, but you two are old as time and dirt themselves." Ace chuckled.

"You know, that no offense bit didn't make that feel any less offensive," Annalise said with a sarcastic smile.

Ace shrugged, making everyone laugh, including Annalise and Archer. Times like this weren't taken seriously. Everyone knew that all jokes said were simply that: jokes.

That's why this family was so special and close-knitted. They all had close relationships with each other that couldn't be broken no matter what was said or done. That's how all of the Reid families were. Everyone was just raised like that. Marcelo hoped that in the future, his family would be like that too.

After a while of fun chatter, Marcelo stretched and leaned close to Remi. He whispered, "Wanna go up to my room?"

Remi turned his head to look up at Marcelo. Then, he saw out of his peripheral vision a bulge sticking from underneath Marcelo's jeans. He flushed and bit his lip, only making Marcelo's bulge harder.

Marcelo stood up, pulling Remi along with him. "Uhh, we'll be back," he said. He didn't let anyone respond before he was pushing Remi up the stairs and to his childhood bedroom.

Once they'd arrived, Remi looked at Marcelo with wide eyes.

"W-We can't do it here."

"As long as we're quiet."

"But you said th-that we'd used protection. We don't... we don't have any."

"I'll pull out for now and buy some later."

Remi was hesitant for a few seconds. He looked at Marcelo for a while longer before walking closer to him and kissing him.

----------

Half an hour later, the Reids were hanging out in the living room opening each others' presents. Everything was going fine until they began to hear thuds coming from upstairs.

"Hey, do you guys hear that?" Axle asked.

"Yeah, what is that?" Blaise replied.

Blaire grabbed the remote to mute the tv and everyone went dead silent. The family listened closer, thinking that something might've been in the attic. Archer got up to go check when all of a sudden, a loud moan was heard followed by harsher thuds. It was then that everyone knew exactly what the thuds were.

Archer rubbed his temples and went back over to the couch to sit down. "Note-to-self: Don't ever let those two spend the night or go upstairs by themselves ever again."