Sweet Cheeks - CHAPTER 2

"Hey, Remi? Is that you, dear?" a fragile voice coming from the office of the library called out. It was Mrs. Callum, Remi's boss. She was a nearly 65 year old women with beautiful silver hair that even Remi tends to gets jealous of. For 65 years old, she looks extremely good. She once told Remi that ripping and running trying to keep the library together was what kept her in shape.

"Yes, i-it's me, Mrs. Callum."

Remi scurried over to her office as quietly as he could, much to the readers in the library's delight. Mrs. Callum had a big smile once she saw him appear. "Good afternoon, Mr. Remi and Mr. Paxton. How has you guys's morning been?"

"Good. The usual m-morning. Nothing special." Remi replied shyly.

"Oh, don't be so negative, dear. Your life will spice up soon. Just give time... time."

Smiling, Remi nodded and tried his best to believe that what Mrs. Callum was true. Although Remi was extremely shy, that still didn't mean that he didn't wish for a special person just like anyone else would. If anything, it makes him want a special person even more since he's never once dated anyone. Ever. To be frank, he hasn't done much at all. Except the basics: graduating high school, moving into his own apartment, adopting a puppy. Other than that, Remi's life really was boring.

"Any new books?"

"Yes, they're some in the back. You can get Damon to help you bring the boxes to the front." Damon being one of Remi's coworkers.

Remi walked off to find him. He's usually upstairs on the top floor setting up for his next KidzReadz session where he reads to tots and kids. Remi walked over to the east side off the library where the spiral stairs were. He adjusted Paxton in his arms and climbed the stairs as quietly as possible. Once he was on leveled floor, he looked around to see if he could see Damon's tall frame in between the book shelves.

But, he didn't.

Remi raised his brows and walked over to the section labeled KzRz-F. He started there and walked down to G, H, I, J, K, L, M, and N. No Damon. Remi then walked all the way down to KzRz-R and went to S, T, U, V, W, X, Y, and Z. Still, no Damon. That's weird. Damon's usually playing music as he sorts out the different books that he wants to read with the kids.

"Damon? D-Damon are you here?"

Still no answer.

Hmph. Remi turned around to head back to the front where KzRz-A-F was located near the stairs. Just as he was about to begin walking down the stairs...

"Boo!"

"AH—" Damon quickly placed a hand over Remi's mouth. Remi glared which made Damon chuckle since Remi looks like a baby kitten when he glares. When he was sure that Remi wouldn't have another outburst, Damon took his hand away from Remi's mouth. "Jesus, you gave me a h-heart attack."

"Sorry, I heard you comin', and I wanted to surprise you. Didn't think that you would freak out that much." Damon looked down at Paxton in Remi's arms who was glaring at Damon as well. Damon rubbed the fur on Pax's head and said, "Hey, little dude. What do you need today?"

"We need you to h-help me get the boxes with the n-new books from the back."

"Alright, then I shall help you."

Remi blushed just from the attention that Damon was giving him. Damon motioned for him to go first down the stairs so Remi did so. They walked down the stairs and down the path that led to the back room of the library that held all of the extra books. A room that Remi sometimes sneaks in to read the new books before everyone else can get their hands on them. A room that would more than likely be scary to someone else but for him, the books made the room an amazing place.