Blue - CHAPTER 47

"G-Get him out!" Remi pleaded in pure agony as he had tears streaming down his face. He'd previously been shaking, shivering, throwing up, and crying all at once just a few minutes ago. All of that came to a stop though. He was now 10 centimeters, and he just wanted Elio out.

But, it seemed like Dr. Crusoe and the nurses were taking their sweet, God given time as they set everything up.

Remi squeezed Mrs. Callum's hand as he felt the contractions continuously ripping through his body like a current would an ocean. This was hell.

"I swear t-to God I'm gonna k-kill Marcelo."

Mrs. Callum snickered discreetly. Not at Remi being in pain of course but at him being angry. It was adorable. Still very much a little angry kitten.

Finally, after 10 years it felt like, Dr. Crusoe and his nurses made their way over to the bed. Doc sat in his usual position: in his rolling chair in front of Remi's elevated legs. And the nurses crowded around with equipment in all of their hands, ready. Remi noticed that it was beginning to get warm in the delivery room. Probably for Elio.

"I'm here, I'm here. Let's get this party started." Doc folded Remi's gown back and checked. "Yep, there he is. When you feel a contraction, I want you to push."

He didn't have to tell Remi twice. Remi didn't even wait. His contractions were practically nonstop. He clenched his jaw, bearing down and pushing hard. Dr. Crusoe was shocked at how Remi dived right in. He put his hands underneath Elio's head as it began to inch out.

"Good, good, good. Keep breathing, Remi."

Remi did so as best as he could without ceasing his pushing. Somehow, pushing Elio out hurt more than the contractions.

Once his contraction stopped, Remi relaxed back against the bed and panted. He could feel his body opening up as Elio made his way. It was exciting but scary at the same time.

As Remi worked to get his breath back, Dr. Crusoe's face paled. He looked up at Remi still trying to catch his breath, but there was no time for that. Strings of curses flew out of his mouth and he shook his head.

"Remi, push. Push now!"

Remi whined tiredly. He barely had any energy at all. He'd nearly used it up pushing the first time.

"Remi, listen to me. I know that you're exhausted, but you need to push now."

Mrs. Callum raised a brow. Remi should be able to have a break between each push to get his stamina back. Why was Doc suddenly so serious now? Walking towards the edge of the bed, Mrs. Callum leaned forward and looked at what Dr. Crusoe was looking at. Her face paled as soon as she did just as Doc's had.

The part of the baby's skin that was visible was tinted blue. The baby was running out of oxygen. Mrs. Callum immediately knew that the cord was wrapped around Elio's neck. She scurried back up to the top of the bed and looked a confused and crying Remi in the eyes. "Remi, push."

Remi had no idea what was happening. But by the look on everyone's faces, he now feared for Elio's life. He didn't care how much energy he had left. He didn't care how exhausted he was or how much pain pushing inflicted. All that he cared about at the moment was Elio. And that's why he pushed with everything that he had inside of him.

He screamed.

He cried.

He panted.

But he did not stop.

He didn't stop until he felt Elio slip right out of him. And that's when he looked down and saw what everyone else'd been seeing. A blue Elio with his cord wrapped around his neck. He wasn't crying.