Those Eyes - CHAPTER 53

"Come on, Eli belly. Let's go before it gets too late."

"Kay, Mama," Elio yelped. A few seconds later, he came running down the hall up to the front where Remi was waiting. He'd went to go grab his toy airplane out of the room that he'd forgotten it in.

Remi smiled at him and held the door open for him to walk through. He grabbed Elio's hand and they walked through the breezeway after he shut the door. They then went straight to the car. Remi buckled Elio up into his car seat before he hopped into the driver's seat and they were on their way.

"Eli, what are you gonna get at the store?" Remi asked as he drove. The two were about to go to the grocery store since Remi had to get a few things for himself, Elio, Paxton, and the house.

"Mmm... BOWNIES!"

"Brownies? You want brownies?"

"Yah, licious."

Remi laughed when he heard Elio try to say delicious. Why is he so freaking adorable?

Arriving at the grocery store, Remi lifted Elio up and put him into the top part of the shopping cart, buckling him up.

"Don't let your airplane fall on the floor, okay?" Remi said as he adjusted Elio to where he was sitting on his jacket.

First, Remi and Elio went over to the basic necessities side of the grocery store. Remi grabbed a box of toddlers' band-aids with little cartoons on it that Elio loves. Then, he grabbed some medicines just in case for both him and Elio since Elio had recently caught a cold and used the last of his cold and flu medicine.

Next, the two went to the mouth care aisle. Remi let Elio hop out and pick which toothpaste he wanted. He ended up picking one that had an image of his favorite kiddy show on it. Remi put him back into the cart, and they kept looking around.

After a while, the two found everything that they needed and moved to go to the food section of the store. They needed a lot from there. Milk, cheese, yogurt, water bottles, fruit, veggies, snacks, tv-dinners, actual meals for dinner, and a whole lot more.

"Do you want this one, Elio? It's blueberry and strawberry flavored."

"Wat dat one," (What's that one,) Elio asked, pointing to another box of yogurts instead of the one that was in Remi's hands.

"That's cotton candy and banana."

"Yuck," Elio scrunched up his face, making Remi giggle. He hated bananas just like Marcelo. Remi put the blueberry and strawberry flavored yogurts into the cart since Elio loves blueberries anyway and kept moving.

"We're gonna have pizza for dinner one day. I might make veggies with it."

"Brocci!"

"You want broccoli?"

"Mhm."

"Okay, if that's what you want. Pizza and broccoli. You're gonna be a strong, big boy afterwards."

Elio nodded with a smug smile on his face. One that looked exactly like Marcelo's. Ugh, this twin thing was too much.

Once Remi got the things that he needed to make all of the meals for dinner this week, he headed towards the snack aisle. He flipped his hair out of his face and smiled just as Elio began flying his airplane in the air and making little airplane noises.

Turning down the aisle, Remi looked up from Elio. He felt eyes on him. Just as he looked up, his eyes met a pair that were already on him. A pair that he never expected to see again.

Marcelo's.

Remi's heart rate immediately sped up as he saw Marcelo gaze at him as if he was the brightest star in the sky, the only person in the room.