Gifts of Love - CHAPTER 23

"Baby... Baby, wake up. It's Christmas," Marcelo said as he began shaking Remi, sleep still present in his voice. Remi stirred a bit, his eyes moving underneath his eyelids. Marcelo pecked his lips and then his cheeks, his forehead, and his nose. "Get up, baby."

"Mmmmm."

"Get up so that we can shower and open gifts."

"Mmmm, quieto quedarme e-en la cama."

"I'm sorry, but I have no idea what you just said."

"I wanna stay in b-bed," Remi whined, eyes halfway opened.

"C'mon, Teo." Marcelo chuckled out. "That wouldn't be any fun."

"I k-know. But... my l-legs."

"What's wrong with your legs?" Marcelo asked with a raised eyebrow. Remi looked down at his legs underneath the blanket before looking back up at Marcelo. Marcelo looked down like Remi did and grabbed the sheets with one of his hands, pulling them back. And there, he saw Remi's legs shaking against the bed like little vibrators.

"A-Are they supposed to d-do this? I can't s-stop."

Marcelo continued watching Remi's legs for a while longer before he burst out laughing. Remi pouted. "I'm s-serious."

"Okay, okay. I'm sorry, Teo, but I'm not surprised that they're shaking. I wasn't necessarily going easy on you last night."

"Yeah," Remi exhaled as he put his hand behind him on the bed and tried to sit up. It hurt, so he had to be careful.

"Are you alright?"

"Yeah, i-it just hurts a little."

Remi then slid his shaky legs off of the bed and tried to stand up. Marcelo noticed him struggling a bit so he went around the bed and held him as he stood before helping him walk to the bathroom. Remi thanked him and used the restroom while Marcelo started up the shower. Maybe the shower would help the aches and pains in Remi's body, but they wouldn't help the love bites and bruises all over Remi's skin that Marcelo left. Those would be present for everyone to see.

After using the restroom, Remi held on to the walls and traveled back to the counter to wash his hands. Then, he went over to the shower where Marcelo was already waiting. He helped Remi step in and shut the shower door, letting the heat of the shower wrap around both of them.

Out of nowhere, Marcelo wrapped his arms around Remi and hugged him just because. Remi wrapped his own arms around Marcelo and snuggled into his chest. This led to Marcelo picking him up. And that, that led to a part two of last night.

After finally leaving the shower, drying off, and getting dressed in pajamas, the two headed downstairs with Remi limping slightly. Remi walked over to the couch and settled on it while Marcelo fixed the tv that'd been left on overnight by accident. He turned it to one of the channels that played all kinds of Christmas movies. He then went over to the kitchen and poured glasses of water for both him and Remi before taking them to the living room and handing one to him, sitting his own on the table. Then, he looked at Remi and smiled.

"Alright, ready to open your gifts?"

"Yeah," Remi smiled. He stood up and went over to the tree. He bent down and grabbed all of the gifts that he'd bought for Marcelo. He took them back over to the couch and sat them on Marcelo's spot. Marcelo came over and did the same, sitting Remi's gifts next to him.

They both had about an equal amount of gifts for each other, Marcelo having a slightly more amount. But that didn't matter. Marcelo didn't care about gifts. As long as he had Remi's love, he was okay.