Baby Whisperers - CHAPTER 66

After packing his belongings into his book-bag, Remi stood up and slung his book-bag onto his back.

Since Elio was now older and easier to manage and Marcelo was around to help, Remi was now able to attend in-person classes for college. At first, Remi was hesitant. He tried to opt out, but Marcelo reassured him that everything would be okay.

Therefore, for the past few months, Remi has been present for his classes face-to-face.

And it has actually been a good experience for Remi. Now that he's less shy and more social, he's actually able to converse with more people around his age that have similar interests as him. Plus, he can get hands-on aid from his professors about his writing works and things of the such.

It's been great.

Looking up from where he was sitting in the car, Marcelo saw Remi walking down the stairs of the campus towards the parking lot where he'd been waiting.

Remi had on a whitish-grayish, long sleeve shirt that had soft ruffles on the ends of the sleeves and around the neck. The shirt was tucked into a dark burgundy and black plaid skirt that fit him snugly around the waist. He had his book necklace around his neck. It hung on top of his shirt. His hair was fixed up nicely, and he looked amazing.

"MAMA!" Elio yipped excitedly once he saw Remi making his way. Marcelo smiled before he turned back to Remi, drooling as he watched him walk the rest of the way to the car, open the car door, and hop in, placing his book-bag in the space in front of his legs on the floor.

"Hi!" he greeted happily.

"Hey," Marcelo replied, still dazed by Remi's beauty. Remi giggled before turning around and looking at Elio.

"Hi, Eli!"

"Hey, Mama. Miss you!"

"I missed you too, sweet boy. Have fun with Dada?"

"Yah. We got icee cweam."

Marcelo gasped. "Lio, that was our secret."

"Oops, sowwy, DuhDuh." Elio said before he looked back down at his stuffed elephant, playing with it.

Grinning, Remi turned back to Marcelo. He leaned forward and landed his soft lips on Marcelo's in a kiss. Marcelo hummed and caressed Remi's cheek. "You look beautiful."

"Thank you," Remi said with pink cheeks. He pecked Marcelo one last time before he sat back in his seat. That's when Marcelo got the green light to pull out of the parking lot and head out.

"How was your day, gorgeous?"

Remi couldn't help but to flush again at the nickname. "It was great. I got an A plus on my writing assignment—the one that I'd been staying up all night worried about. My professor said that it was perfect, and now I can sleep peacefully."

"That's wonderful. I'm proud of you. I told you that it was perfect through and through."

"Thank you for believing in me."

"Don't mention it."

The car went quiet for a few seconds. The music on the radio filled in the silence comfortably, allowing room for relaxation.

Remi fiddled with his necklace, rubbing it between his index finger and thumb. "Where are we going?"

"We are going for a visit if you don't mind."

"A visit...."

"My family misses you guys even though it's only been a few days."

"Ohhh. Sounds great. I've missed them too."