Strawberries - CHAPTER 74

"Okay, so these are cake options that you chose to try first. If any of these aren't right for you, just let me know, and I'll be more than willing to let you try some of the others." the wedding cake baker that Jaxon, Marcelo and Remi's supposed wedding planner, had chosen to bake their cake. She apparently baked cakes and pastries so well that they make you want to, quote on quote, 'slap ya motha.'

Remi helped Elio sit down before he sat down next to him and in front of Jaxon.

"So, this is the Red Devil, this is Dark Chocolate Champagne, this is White Vanilla Bean, this is Strawberries and Cream, this is Marble Cake, and this is white cake with raspberry filling." Jaxon smiled.

"Can I have some, Mama?"

"Yeah, baby, hold on." Remi said before he turned back to Jaxon. "Okay... uh.... I should've had Celo here to try them with me."

"It'll be fine. You two are like the same person anyway. You like the same things."

"True," Remi agreed as he looked over all of the cake flavors. It wasn't even that many to choose from, but they all still made his head spin in indecisiveness. "Uh, I guess I'll start easy with the White Vanilla Bean."

Jaxon pushed the saucer with the White Vanilla Bean cake toward Remi after he put a spoon on it. Remi grabbed the spoon and put a piece of the cake on it before he brought it up to his mouth and ate it. He chewed it slowly, savoring the flavor, analyzing it thoroughly.

He hummed.

"It isn't bad. It's actually pretty good, but the filling is a bit too sweet."

"Kay, no problem. We can try the next one. What about this one?" Jaxon asked as he pushed the saucer forward that had the Dark Chocolate Champagne cake on it.

"Yeah, hold on. Let me give Elio a taste of cake."

Jaxon nodded. As he got the next cake ready for Remi to try it, Remi grabbed one of the saucers. It was one of the ones in the back with the white cake with raspberry filling on it since Elio likes raspberries. He sliced it with the edge of the spoon before he put it up to Elio's mouth. Elio took the cake into his mouth happily.

That's when Jaxon came to the realization what cake that was.

"Oh my god! Wait!" he yelped. Remi looked up at him while Elio kept chewing.

"What?"

"Remi, that cake has raspberry vodka in it."

"Aspberry oka. Mama, what's aspberry oka?"

Remi froze. He stared at Elio for a few seconds before his parental instincts kicked in. He grabbed his glass of water that the baker gave him to drink as he tried the cakes. He handed the glass to Elio quickly. "Drink all of it up, Eli."

Elio slowly reached up to grab the glass. He obeyed Remi and gulped the whole glass down. Remi knew that he would have to use the restroom after a while, but that was better than him reacting to the vodka from the cake.

"Jesus, are there any other ones with alcohol in it?"

"No, I think that was the only one."

"Oh gosh," Remi said as he put his hands to his face. He heard Jaxon begin to snicker, so that made him begin snickering himself. "My son just had alcohol for the first time at four years old."

"Sorry. I didn't realize until he'd eaten it."

Remi groaned/laughed and looked back at Elio just as he finished the glass of water. "Do you feel okay, Eli belly?"

"Yah, Mama. I good."

"Okay," Remi said, taking a deep breath. He turned back to Jaxon and grabbed the next saucer that Jaxon had ready for him. This one wasn't too bad, but he wasn't a fan of the dark chocolate taste. It was a bit sour.