Sweet Ending to a New Beginning - CHAPTER 98

"Am I showing?" Remi asked Marcelo. Marcelo looked at Remi's body and saw his small bump poking from underneath his dress. It wasn't a big bump, but if you looked hard enough, you could tell that it was a baby bump. Marcelo smiled and walked up to Remi, placing his hands on Remi's belly.

"Yes, but it's adorable. And this dress looks amazing on you," Marcelo said, running his hands across the fabric of Remi's black graduation dress.

"Thank you, but I'm not supposed to show, Celo. Everyone'll see it," Remi whined.

"What's wrong with everyone seeing it?"

"Because, they aren't supposed to find out until the dinner. This is my last shot at succeeding at the surprise. I can't risk it."

"Okay. But you'll have your gown on, so that'll hide it."

"Oh.... Yeah, you're right."

"I am. I'm always right," Marcelo smirked.

"Mmm, I dunno about that. I.e, you almost bought me sushi to eat."

"Okay, I'm sure that the babies would've loved having sushi for their first time."

"Maybe if they want brain damage and hearing loss."

Marcelo scoffed and shook his head. "Okay, maybe I'm not always right, but I'm right this time so let me enjoy my moment."

Remi giggled and nodded. "Okay," Remi said before pecking Marcelo softly. Marcelo put his hand on the side of Remi's neck and caressed the soft skin. Remi felt Marcelo try to slide his hand up the inside of his thigh, but Remi grabbed said hand before Marcelo could move any further. "It's time to go, Celo."

"We don't need people seeing your bump, remember?" Marcelo said huskily.

"I have my gown, remember?" Remi replied with a raised brow. Marcelo groaned and leaned his forehead against Remi's.

"Quickie?"

"No, Celo," Remi giggled. "It's time to go."

"Ughh, no fun."

-----------------------

"Lio. Lio, look. There he goes. There goes Mama," Marcelo said as he pointed down at Remi who was standing in the line that led up to the stage. It was his row's turn, and everyone couldn't find his short frame in the crowd until now.

Elio gasped and yelped, "MAMA! UP HERE, MAMA!"

Knowing Elio's little voice from anywhere, an immediate smile came to Remi's face as he looked up into the big cloud of people way above him in the seats. His eyes met Elio's, and his smile got bigger. He waved and blew Elio a loving kiss.

"Is that your little one?" Remi heard one of his friends from school who was standing behind him ask.

"Yep, that's him," Remi nodded pridefully.

"He's adorable. And he looks just like your husband."

"Thank you. And yes, he does."

"You guys are a lovely family."

"Thank you so much," Remi blushed at the compliment.

The line moved slowly but surely. Remi was glad that he wore sandals instead of heels because if he'd worn heels, his feet would have been crying out in pain right now.

Moving closer and closer to the stage, Remi felt little flutters in his stomach. No, not from the babies but from his nerves. He couldn't believe that this was happening. After all that he'd been through, he was about to graduate. Every bit of hard work was about to pay off in the best way. Knowing that he'd come this far was the best feeling to Remi.