Little Dot on the Screen - CHAPTER 30

"Muah... Muah... Muah... Muah!" Marcelo sounded out as he placed kisses all over Remi's face. Remi giggled and squirmed around.

It was the day of Remi's very first appointment. He'd been terribly sick earlier so he'd been in bed for most of the day. But now, Marcelo was attempting to motivate Remi to get up so that they wouldn't be late.

"Celo..."

"Come on, we gotta go."

"I don't f-feel like it."

"I know you don't, but we have to check on the baby, remember?"

Remi groaned and wrapped his arms around Marcelo, pulling him down so that the two were chest to chest. "Can't it w-wait."

"No, Teo. The quicker that we go, the quicker than we can come back here and sleep," Marcelo reasoned, leaning back to look at Remi. Remi frowned but nodded. Marcelo grabbed his hands and helped him up where he then kissed him, making the beautiful smile reappear on his face.

Remi walked over to his closet and put on a pair of slip-on tennis shoes that were comfortable. He turned around and saw Marcelo grabbing his keys off of the nightstand. Marcelo turned around and smiled before looking over Remi's outfit that consisted of Marcelo's hoodie and a pair of sweats. "You sure you want to wear that hoodie? It's pretty hot outside. I don't want you passing out."

Remi looked down, embarrassed, moving his right foot back and forth. "I haven't been able to w-wash my c-clothes. Too s-sick."

"Nonsense." Marcelo said as he took his shirt off and handed it to Remi. It would swallow Remi whole, but that was a better alternative than Remi passing out. "Here, put this on and give me the hoodie. I'd rather me pass out than you."

Remi hesitated for a few seconds before he realized that Marcelo wouldn't take no for an answer. He slid the hoodie off and traded Marcelo for his shirt. They slid each other's articles of clothing on before Marcelo looked at Remi and smiled at how one side of his shirt slid off of Remi's shoulder.

"I'll wash your clothes for you when we get back."

Remi nodded again and adjusted the shirt on his shoulder, only for it to fall once more. Marcelo chuckled and walked up to him. He bent over slightly and grabbed the ends of the shirt, twisting it into a knot. His hands brushed against Remi's tiny bump as he did so. Once he was finished adjusting the shirt, he stood up. "There, it should stay in place now."

"Th-Thanks."

Marcelo nodded. The couple then went on their way, leaving the comfort of Remi's apartment complex. They traveled to Marcelo's car where they then traveled through the streets of the city to the downtown area where the hospitals were located. They parked in the woman's and children's area before they hopped out of the car and headed in.

Thankfully, the hospital wasn't crowded. Remi and Marcelo went right up to the front desk. There was a friendly-looking woman smiling at them. She looked to be middle-aged.

"Good morning. How may I help you two?"

"Good morning. He scheduled a fetal appointment a few weeks ago under the name of Declan."

"Alright," the woman said as she turned to her computer and began browsing. "Declan... Declan... Declan.... Remi Declan?"

"Yes."

"Alright. Remi, I see that today is your first checkup so don't be nervous. Go ahead and sign in here on this clipboard. I will get all of your paperwork collected while you do so."

Remi nodded and grabbed the pen that was next to the clipboard that the woman pointed to. He saw other people's names on there, so he signed his name in the next available spot as well as the date. Then, he put the pen down and looked back up at the woman.