Garter - CHAPTER 76

a/n: Remi's ring, Remi's dress, and Marcelo's ring
------------------------------

And his time came very quickly. Within the next few months, his time was here.

It was time for the wedding.

Remi was absolutely shitting himself. He'd had enough time to somewhat mentally prepare himself for this but somehow, that time was still not enough.

He sat in front of the vanity mirror that was in the room that he got dressed in. Marcelo's sisters had just did his hair and makeup; not the overdone kind of makeup though. Just a bit of lipgloss, eyeshadow, eyeliner, and highlight. Remi didn't need a lot of makeup anyway. His already beautiful features didn't need to be covered up.

"Remi, you don't know how breathtaking you are," Blaire said breathlessly. Remi looked down at his hands as he blushed.

"Can I marry him instead? Remi, I'll be a much better partner than Marcelo, I swear I will," Ainsley pleaded.

"No, me!" Amelie opposed.

"Guys, guys. Don't overwhelm him," Annalise spoke up. Remi silently thanked her. His cheeks felt as if they were on flames.

Just then, Jaxon, Remi's man of honor, came back into the room fully dressed in his suit and tie. He smiled at Remi's gorgeousness before walking over, winking at Remi professionally. "Are you ready?"

"No, not at all."

"It's gonna be fine," Jaxon said. He clicked a quick picture of Remi before he put his phone into his pocket and held out his arm for Remi to take. Remi stood up slowly just as Marcelo's sisters and mother walked hurriedly out of the room. "Come on. It'll be over before you know it and then, it'll just be you and Marcelo for five days."

"I'm gonna miss Eli and Pax."

"I know. But we all know that this celibacy thing has an expiration date. They do not need to be around for that."

Giggling, Remi nodded in agreement before he said,

"Promise me that you and Damon will take care of them."

"Of course we will, Remi. They'll be just fine."

Remi nodded again and took a deep breath. It's gonna be alright.

Jaxon looked down at his watch. It'd been three minutes. He began walking forward, Remi walking alongside of him. As they walked down the hall, Remi could see a big door at the end of it that lead to two big doors with light pouring in from outside of them.

This was it. Walking through these doors would lead to Remi marrying the love of his life. His best friend.

His soulmate.

Remi took another deep breath for what seemed like the millionth time that day. His heart was racing against his rib cage painfully.

He kept his eyes down as he stepped outside of the double doors and into the open. He could hear a piano being played near the front where he was about to stand. It was Blaise. Aside from his witty personality, Blaise had a talent of playing the piano—as well as many other instruments—and he was currently playing a beautiful melody. Not nearly as beautiful as Remi though.

From the corner of his eyes, Remi could see everyone—everyone as in Marcelo's family—standing in the crowd around him. Little flower petals covered the ground everywhere that Remi stepped.

Marcelo, he was stunned. Everyone had told him how beautiful Remi looked but this, this was another level of beautiful. Words couldn't justify how beautiful he was. His beauty brought tears to Marcelo's eyes. Marcelo tried his best to blink them back but no matter how hard he tried, he couldn't keep said tears in, and they eventually fell.