EPILOGUE

"AHHHHH!"

"Breathe, baby. Take deep breaths."

Remi squeezed Marcelo's hand using all of the strength that he had in his body.

"NO, I W-WANT A C-SECTION!"

"It's a bit too late for that, Remi. Her head is coming out of you," Rick said.

Since both babies continued to grow successfully inside of Remi with no nutritional or growth issues and without causing Remi any issues, Remi got to have the babies naturally. He was sure that was the best thing to do. Why fix something that isn't broken?

However, Remi for sure began to wish he had've taken Rick up on the cesarean section option.

"I CAN'T DO THI—AHHH!" Remi screamed again. "HER HEAD IS T-TOO BIG."

"Remi, just push," Rick said.

"CELO, TELL HIM I NEED A C-SECTION."

"It's too lat—" Marcelo was cut off when he felt Remi's small hand squeezing the life out of his hand. Marcelo was certain that Remi crushed some of his bones. "Ow! Get him a c-section, please."

"No, he needs to push. The quicker he pushes, the quicker he'll be finished."

"That's not... not t-true. I've been pushing for three hours, and there's still no b-baby."

"Remi, it's only been ten minutes."

"¡No me importa!" Remi cried out in pain as a contraction spread through his body.

"¿Realmente quieres discutir conmigo sobre esto?"

"Sí. ¡Ahora consígueme una cesárea!"

What the actual hell? Marcelo thought.

"Remi, as your uncle, I wish that I could give you what you want. But if you do not hurry up and push, your babies will not survive."

Remi whimpered and looked at Marcelo. He didn't remember birth hurting this bad. "Celo, it h-hurts." Marcelo grabbed Remi's face in his hands and nodded.

"I know it does, baby. But please, you have to push. This will all be over if you just push. Please, just push for me. Get our babies out."

Remi continued to cry but this time, he nodded and turned his head forward again. He hiccuped and took a deep breath before putting his chin against his chest, pushing hard as he screamed.

"There you go, baby. Keep pushing," Marcelo encouraged.

And Remi did. It hurt like hell, but he pushed and pushed and pushed until he heard a soft cry fill his ears. He paused and opened his eyes. It was then that he saw her. Maia. Her little body was flailing around in Rick's hands as she threw a fit, crying her little lungs out.

Remi didn't get to enjoy the sight for too long before he felt another contraction attack his body. He cried out in pain again and grabbed at his belly.

"Start pushing again, Remi. One more little one's gotta come out."

As Remi began pushing again, his cheeks were flooded with tears. He never stopped pushing though. All that he wanted to do was curl up in bed with the babies, but he couldn't do that when one of them were still inside of him.

Therefore, Remi pushed with everything in him. Marcelo had never seen him in this much pain before. He felt so bad that he wasn't there to hold Remi's hand when Remi went through this with Elio.

Keeping his hand locked with Remi's, Marcelo tilted his head and looked in between Remi's legs. What he saw made him want to smile just as much as it made him want to pass out.