I Promise - CHAPTER 29

Sniffling, Remi sat up from his seat on the couch and walked over to the kitchen. He threw his plate that was previously filled with pancakes and bacon into the trash. He then took his glass cup over to the sink and filled it with cold water.

After telling Mrs. Callum that he was sick and needed to be out for a while, he'd been staying in the comfort of his home. He was happy that he did this because it gave him a reason not to leave his apartment. And this was a good thing considering everything that'd recently happened with Marcelo nearly two weeks ago.

Yep, almost two weeks ago. Remi hadn't received any calls or messages from Marcelo. As much as that hurt him, he tried his best to remain happy. He had a baby inside of him that he had to think about now. He planned on scheduling a fetal appointment after telling Marcelo that he was pregnant but of course, that went south. Therefore he made the fetal appointment just last week that was scheduled for next week, and he was kind of excited.

His sickness had been getting bad. It was so bad to the point that he didn't even leave bed some days. He'd even had a fever one day, but he drove it away with cool cloths, the ceiling fan, and zero clothes.

But within the past few days, his sickness has been mild. He's only been throwing up in the mornings and a little bit before he goes to sleep. Other than that, he's been... okay.

Leaning against the counter in the kitchen, Remi lifted his shirt and looked at his two month bump. It was still only a small pudge, but Remi thought that it was adorable.

Speaking of that, as the days passed, Remi was beginning to come to terms with the idea that he was pregnant. There was nothing that he could do about it anyway, so he figured that he might as well get over it. Plus, he didn't want to neglect the baby. He'd been through plenty of neglection throughout his life, especially by his parents. He didn't want to be like his parents. Therefore, he would often daydream about the baby or even rub his belly when he felt like it. Doing that soothed him for some reason.

Remi was about to lay back down on the couch when he saw Paxton walk over to the door and begin clawing at it. "Do you h-have to use the restr-room, Pax?" he asked. Paxton yipped. Walking over to the door, Remi grabbed Paxton's leash and put it on him, he slid his feet into his slippers, and unlocked the door, letting Paxton walk out. Then, he walked out after him and shut the door behind him.

The two walked through the breezeway of the apartment, out into the opening where the parking lot was. Remi was about to lead Paxton to the grass when he saw a figure standing against the rail out of his peripheral vision. He nearly jumped a million feet in the air. He yelped and clutched his chest, feeling his heart beat erratically underneath.

Once Remi calmed down, he looked back up and realized that the person was Marcelo. Weird. Marcelo stood up from his position and smiled the best that he could. "I'm sorry that I scared you. I was trying to gather my wits." He sounded guilty.

Remi remained in his spot, waiting for something else to be said. When nothing else was said and Marcelo just continued to stare, Remi tightened his grip on Paxton's leash and kept walking. This caused Marcelo to jog up to catch up with him. Once he'd caught up, him and Remi walked side by side.

The first few seconds were quiet. No one said anything. Remi wanted to see what Marcelo was going to say before he let out any prejudice thoughts. He wanted to be fair.

"How have you been?" Marcelo asked, finally breaking the silence.

"Sick," Remi said after he stopped near a tree, letting Paxton use it. Marcelo leaned against the tree and looked at Remi. Remi had a tired look, but he also had a healthy look, so Marcelo was glad that he was taking care of himself despite everything.