You Knew?! - CHAPTER 49

"Thanks, Jax." Remi smiled up at Jaxon as Jaxon held the door to the library open and let Remi walk in. Remi was carrying 5 week old Elio who was bundled up warmly in his car seat, covered by the car seat cover that hung over the
front of the car seat, batting against the cold January air.

"Here, let me carry him," Jaxon said, not open for objections as he grabbed the car seat from Remi and began carrying Elio towards Mrs. Callum's office. They went straight in where they saw Ms. Callum sitting at her desk.

"Morning, Ma," Remi greeted with a smile. Mrs. Callum smiled and slid her reading glasses off.

"Good morning, sweetheart." Mrs. Callum said before she looked down at the car seat that Jaxon sat down on the couch that was in the office and gasped. Remi grinned and bent down in front of the car seat. He unzipped the car seat's cover and took all of the blankets off of a sleeping Elio before he unbuckled him and pulled him out of the car seat.

Feeling that he was being moved, Elio squirmed and gave a tiny whine. Remi kissed his head and murmured, "You're okay, sweet boy. I g-got you."

Remi removed Elio's hat, revealing his beautiful red hair. Elio stretched his tiny limbs before settling back down and opening his eyes.

As the days passed, Elio's eyes become more and more vibrant. So far, they've evolved to the pretty green color that Marcelo had with the gorgeous light brown color that Remi has along the inside. Remi can never get over how beautiful Elio's eyes are. Especially now that Elio sleeps less and displays his eyes more.

Remi carried Elio over to Mrs. Callum and placed him in her arms. This week has been the first week that Remi has returned to work. He wanted to stay in as long as he could to make sure that he was all healed and that it would be okay to bring Elio out.

"Look at you," Mrs. Callum cooed. Elio just stared up at her as well as Jaxon who stood next to her and peaked down at him as well. "You're getting so big, buddy."

Elio gurgled as he heard Mrs. Callum's voice which made everyone chuckle.

"How has he been?" Mrs. Callum looked up and asked.

"He's been a good b-baby. He was up crying all night last night though. I was h-half asleep, and it took me until like... 3:30am to r-realize that his diaper was soaked."

"All because of a diaper?!" Jaxon exclaimed. Mrs. Callum and Remi both nodded together.

"Babies are dramatic, okay? But I get it though. Who wants to b-be laying in a wet diaper all n-night?"

"Touché."

Mrs. Callum got to hold Elio for a few more minutes until Elio soon got hungry since the last time he'd eaten was before him and Remi left the apartment early that morning.

Remi grabbed a whiny Elio from Mrs. Callum and held him in his arms, shushing him. "I'm gonna feed him really quick. You can h-hold him when I'm finished, Jax."

Jaxon grinned big. "Kay. I have some work to finish up front, so I'll be there when I finish."

Remi nodded and grabbed one of Elio's blankets and a burp cloth before walking out of Mrs. Callum's office. He went straight to the back and settled down onto his beanbag. He rolled his shirt up and un-clipped one side of his maternity bra. He'd been having to wear one lately because of milk leaks.

He pulled Elio closer to him and let Elio latch on which he did immediately. Then, he placed a blanket on top of Elio so that he'd be comfortable.

Elio took his time as he ate, suckling softly. Remi watched him in awe and rubbed the delicate skin on his arm gently. Elio looked up at him with his beautiful eyes, and Remi couldn't stop thinking about how much he looked like Marcelo. They were one hundred percent twins. It was scary how much of a split image they were of each other.