Chapter 26

Sunday - Meeting the mother in law

Stepping out the shower I dry and moisturize my body and walk into my bedroom.
"So sexy peaches" Nathan tells me pulling me into him.
"Your not to bad yourself" I wink at him and he chuckles. Kissing me he let's me go to get dressed as we don't wanna be late to meet his mum for the first time. That would be awkward.
Pulling out my outfit for the day and pull it on quickly.
Putting on jewellery I brush my hair and straighten over it quickly then apply a little makeup.
Looking myself over in the mirror now put together, I like what I see.

"Beautiful peaches, you look so sexy right now" Nathan tells me as he walks around in his boxers

"Are you not getting dressed we need to leave soon baby" I ask him and he sighs.
"I hate going to her house. She makes a big song and dance about never seeing me and how I'm her only baby. Blah. Blah. Blah." he says and I laugh.
"It's fine baby I'd be the same if I only had the one" I tell him chuckling at his sulking face.
"Baby I want your mum to like me so that means go get ready" I tell him and he sighs and strops towards the bed where his clothes are waiting for him.

Sitting in the car on the way to his mums and I don't even know her name.
"Nathan? What's your mums name?" I ask him and he laughs.
"Shelia peaches, sorry" he says squeezing my thigh glancing at me.
"Do I call her that or do I call her Mrs Parker?" I ask him unsure. Not really doing this meet the parents thing.
"Just call her Shelia baby, don't worry so much. She'll love you" he says and I swallow. I hope.
He pulls up to some high rise gates and I gasp. Fucking hell she lives in a mansion. Nathan pushes the button. And I hear a man's voice.
"It's me George open the gate please" Nathan tells him into the intercom and the gates start to open for us and the mansion comes into view. Wow

"Who lives here?" I ask Nathan looking at the house

"My mum and staff" he says and sighs.
"I grew up in this house so she doesn't want to leave" he tells me and I think that's nice but sad. She's alone in this big old house.
"Are you ready beautiful?" he asks me as we take off our seat belts.
"I think so. Fingers crossed it goes good" I tell him and he smiles at me and leans over and kisses me.
"Let's get this over with peaches" he says and climbs out the car walking around to me he opens my door and helps me out.
Taking my hand he walks me to the front door and opens it leading me inside with his hand at my lower back.
Suddenly a woman appears.
"Nathan baby you're home" she says to him with her arms out and he walks over hugging her and pulling me back to him.
"Mother, this is Nataliya. Peaches my mum Shelia" he says and I smile at her and hold out my hand but she hesitates.
"Hi I'm Mrs Parker" she says and I swallow great she hates me
"Mother drop it right now, otherwise we will turn and leave. She is my partner and you will respect her" Nathan tells her in his authority tone and I gush that he's standing up for me again. But I'm bummed she doesn't like me.
"I'm sorry but isn't she a little young for you Nathan, no offence" she says to me and I roll my eyes.
"I'm sorry what is people's issue with age" Nathan says and I think just say it Nataliya
"I love your son Mrs Parker. My age has nothing to do with it" I tell her and she smirks.
"You love his bank balance more like. I know your type" she says to me and I try my hardest not to slap her.
"Excuse me but I find you rude and insulting" I tell her and look to Nathan who hasn't said anything since I dropped the love bomb.
"Peaches is right, you're being damn rude mother. She is the woman I love. I don't want any of your snobby dates. I love Nataliya" he says and I grab him and kiss him.
"Oh my god" I say after and he chuckles hugging me.
"Fine I will try, but don't get your hopes up son. She won't fit into this family" she says and I roll my eyes. I don't plan onit either way. We're leaving the country asap.
"She's perfect for me and that's all that matters" Nathan tells her holding me close looking down at me.
"Thanks baby" I tell him and he smiles and leads me away from her. I don't like her very much.

After Nathan shows me around the house he loved as a boy but hates as a man. We end up in his childhood bedroom and I look around.
"Your room is huge, wow" I tell him and he just shrugs.
"Everything had to be big and over the top. I hated it" he tells me and I wonder why?
"Where's your dad if you don't mind me asking?" I ask him and he sighs.
"He died when I was 15" he tells me and I hug him. I don't know what I'd do if I lost my dad at that age.
"He had a heart attack driving. My sister was in the car, she was 10" he says and I squeeze him to me feeling his sadness.
"I'm sorry baby" I tell him and he holds me. No wonder his mums the way she is. She lost her daughter and husband at the same time and that must of been hard for both of them. Nathan lost his dad and got left with that witch downstairs.
"It was a long time ago peaches. I've already processed it and moved on. I'm finally happy" he tells me and kisses me as the door knocks and opens.
"What mother?" he says to her and she looks at me wrapped up in her son unimpressed.
"Dinners ready, come downstairs" she tells us and he nods at her.
"Yeah we'll be down in a minute" he tells her and she sighs closing the door. It's gonna be a long day if it's gonna be like this..