Chapter 68

Relaxing back with a glass of wine while Nathan cooks dinner my phone starts ringing. Looking at it on the coffee table I see it's Vanessa and answer.
"Hi babe, how's you?" I ask her smiling.
"Oh my fucking god babe" she says and I sigh. What now..
"Tell me" I tell her sitting forward and listening carefully
"I just spoke with Casey" she says and I hum not really bothered as we still ain't talking.
"I know why she's being bitter" she says and I put my head in my hand.
"Go on then.." I tell her as she longs it out.
"She doesn't like Nathan because she fucking LIKES him. Like she wants to ride his dick like.. Seriously" she says and I stand fuming.
"Are you fucking joking me, she's fell out with me because she's crushing on my man!" I stress and she hums
"Exactly that, she can't handle being around both of you because she wants him" she says and I grind my teeth angrily.
"Wait until I actually see her. I swear to god" I tell her and she hums.
"That's not even the worst part. She calls him muscles and goes all dreamy when she talks about him" she says and I scream pissed.
"I'll call you back babe I need to chill for a minute" I tell her.
"Alright babes love you" she says and I just hang up.
"BUBBA!" I shout and he comes running in wooden spoon in hand looking panicked.
"What's wrong? What's happened?" he asks looking me over concerned laced his words and I smile.
"Well I know what Casey's problem is with me" I tell him and he sighs.
"I thought something had happened to you peaches jeez. You scared me the way you shouted.. Tell me" he says as I walk into the kitchen and he follows me.
"She's crushing on you hard! I don't fucking appreciate it much either" I tell him and he stifles a laugh.
"It's not funny Bubba she's my long time friend and she wants you" I whine and he wraps his arms around me.
"What can I say baby, she finds me hot, how can I not take that as a compliment" he says and I push him and he laughs.
"OK I'm sorry I understand, talk to her peaches" he says and I sigh.
"I'll do more than talk to her. I'll fuck her up and she knows it too" I tell him and he grabs me again.
"So sexy baby" he says and kisses me.
"Why can I never have anything for myself" I tell him sadly and he holds me tight to him.
"I'm going nowhere regardless. I only want you peaches. No one compares" he tells me and I smile grateful.
"Thank you baby, I love you and dont want to lose you" I tell him pouting and he kisses it away.
"You think I'm gonna run off with your friend? She's not even that nice to look at, then I look at you and become weak. See the difference baby. It will only be you" he says and I smile up at him feeling childish for thinking that.
"Baby please don't overthink, I love you and I promise you I'm going nowhere. We moved here to get away from everyone and focus on just us. Because that's all that matters. Us" he says and I nod sighing.
"Your my beautiful peaches and there's nothing I wouldn't do for you just wait and see you'll understand soon" he says and I smile thinking of my birthday.
"I love you Bubba, thank you" I tell him and kiss him. He smiles at me and turns to look at the cooker.
"Can I finish dinner beautiful?" he asks and I smile nodding.
"Yes, sorry baby" I tell him and he kisses me walking to the pans stirring something.
"No need to apologise for the way you feel peaches. I'm here for you always" he says and I smile. He's seriously amazing.
"Can I help?" I asks him and he points to the cupboard
"You can set the table if you want peaches. I don't mind" he says and I take out the plates and grab cutlery.

After serving dinner I sit at the table and start to dig into my salmon with baby potatos and asparagus.
"This is so good baby. Thank you" I tell him and he smiles.
"Your welcome baby. I know you love salmon" he says and I nod grinning and taking a big bite.
"I have something for us aswell but it's a surprise for you peaches. You'll see it around your birthday" he tells me around mouthfuls and I grin.
"More Bubba? There's always more" I say more to myself and he laughs.
"It's perfect for us and we're gonna need it anyways so don't worry about it" he says and I smile wondering what it could be. It's Nathan so it could be litreally anything.
"I can see you thinking hard. You won't guess baby" he says and chuckles.
"But there's something I need you to do for me" he says and I nod.
"Anything Bubba" I tell him happily.
"Pack your suitcase for two weeks. It's hot and that's all your gonna know until we get there" he says and I squeal making him laugh.
"We're going on holiday? Oh my god Bubba" I say and jump up sitting on him kissing him repeatedly.
"Tell me where" I ask and and he shakes his head laughing.
"You'll know when we get to the airport peaches. We're leaving in two days" he says and I gasp.
"And your only just telling me. Wow Bubba" I tell him and he shakes his head chuckling.
"Let's eat and then we'll start packing OK" he says and I nod kissing him again and sit back in my chair. I wonder where he's taking me. I can't wait either way. Just the sun and my bubba. Yes please!