Chapter 110

"So what did the hospital say? Are you both OK?" Dad asks me as I sit down and Liz serves lasagne and scallop potatoes with garlic bread and a side salad and I wanna try it so much so I take it slowly and it goes down OK.
Smiling happily, I take a bigger bite feeling confident but my stomach rolls and I drop my fork and run to the bathroom.
Just making it to the toilet, I throw up the contents of my lunch and feel Nathan suddenly holding my hair back as he rubs my back.
"It's OK peaches. Your gonna be OK" he repeats as I heave repeatedly and throw up more untill I'm completely done. I wipe my mouth with tissues and flush the chain. Bubba picks me up from the floor and sets me down on the counter then hands me a cup of water before handing me mouthwash. Using both I sit for a moment collecting myself.
"It smelt good and I wanted to try it but clearly baba didn't" I say and he smiles at me.
"I like it. We do need to think of names but baba works" he says and I smile and hug him to me.
"Thank you for being you. I love you bubba" I tell him and he smiles and kisses my forehead.
"I'll always take care of you peaches, no matter what. Do you need to lay down or you want to try your other food?" He asks and I don't know now.
"I feel bad for puking over her cooking" I say and bubba laughs making me join in.
"Baba wants the good stuff" he says and I smile.
'Let's try the salmon because I'm starving and empty even more now" I tell him and he picks me up off the counter and carries me out the bathroom and back into the kitchen.
"Are you OK hunny?" Dad asks as bubba puts me in my seat and I nod at my dad.
"Yeah, I said baba wants wanted what they wanted" I tell him and he chuckles and continues eating his dinner.
"Do you have any kids Liz?" I ask her because she's not that old. Maybe 40ish..
"Yeah two boys. They drive me bloody insane" she says chucking. Does that mean they're young?
"Here you go peaches" bubba says putting my food down infront of me and I smile at it. This is what we wanted.
"How old are they?" I ask her and she smiles.
"27 and 17. No difference hunny believe me" she says and I chuckle. Are boys that bad.
"What you hoping for sweetheart?" Dad asks as I take my first bite again and hun at the taste.
"I don't know. I don't mind as long as they're happy and healthy I'll be OK.. OK maybe a girl" I say after and everyone laughs.
"What do you want Nathan?" Liz asks him and he looks to me.
"I wouldn't mind either but a girl would definitely be daddy's princess" he says and I grin at him.
"She'll be so spoilt bubba" I say and he nods grinning.
"That's the point peaches but I'm happy either way like I said" he says and Liz smile at us.
"Well I hope you get everything you want" she says and I smile and continue to eat at my food.
"Would you have more?" Bubba asks her and I look to my dad smiling. Fucking hell. Please no.
"I don't know Nathan never really thought about it or spoke about it" she says and dad looks to her.
"Do you want more kids? Think about it pumpkin" dad says and I don't know how I feel. I've always been an only child. I wanted siblings when I was younger but now as I adult it doesn't bother me because I've always had the girls.
Bubba looks to me and I furrow my brows and he does it back.
"You don't like this conversation?" He asks and I shrug.
"It just feels weird. I'm having a baby he's about to be a grandad and now there talking about having a baby too.. I dunno" I say and dad sighs.
"Sweetheart you knew I wanted more but your mother wouldn't and to be honest thank god she didn't because she was a terrible mother to you. But if I have the chance to have another be happy for me like I am you" he says and I just look at him.
"It just feels weird and kinda unfair dad. You're not exactly a spring chicken. You may feel good now but what about in five, ten years when you're in your 60s and the kids only ten. I'm just saying I'll have my own kids" I tell him and he looks at me sadly.
"Thank you Nataliya for that" he says and stands up
"So you can be happy but I can't be. Message received" he says and I sigh as he walks off.
"Dad, you know I didn't mean that" I call after him but he waves me off.
"Please tell me you understand what I'm saying Liz? I didn't wanna be harsh but its true. You need to think of the kid." I say to her and she nods.
"I understand. Let me go to your dad hunny. Don't worry about it" she says excusing herself and I look to bubba.
"Am I a bitch?" I ask him and he shakes his head.
"What you said was very true, they aren't thinking of the kid. I remember being at school with a kid who had older parents and his life was miserable for it. It's not worth it. You did the right thing peaches" he says and I kiss him and smile.
"Thank you bubba atleast you understand" I say as they come walking back in.
"No siblings for you Nataliya" dad says pissed and I sigh.
"I won't be sorry for saying my thoughts dad. You know me better than that" I tell him and he hums.
"If only I met you ten years ago pumpkin" he says to her and she kisses his cheek.
"It's OK, your not really missing out because you've done it and mine are a pain in the ass if you wanna help" she says and chuckles making dad smile.
"You're right.. I'm sorry I took what you said to heart sweetheart. I just wanted what you have" he says and I smile at him.
"You don't need a baby to be happy dad. You know that more than anyone I know" I say and he nods.
"I just wanted to do it right this time that's all Natty but it's OK because I'll be a fantastic grandad instead" he says and I smile happily at him.
"Exactly dad. Just concentrate on what you have now. You have Liz and you never thought you would. You never thought I'd be happy either and look at us both. Be happy dad!" I tell him and smile at my bubba. I am happy and no one will take it away from me.