Chapter 27

Sat at the massive dinner table next to Nathan and his mum at the head of the table. Of course.
We've been eating for about five minutes now and it's just been silent. No one wants to talk and its awkward as fuck.
"You have a beautiful home Mrs Parker" I tell her to be nice and she hums at me.
"Thank you baby, what a nice thing to say. Don't you agree.. Mother" Nathan says looking to her and she sighs.
"Thank you Natalie" she says and I scoff.
"It's Nataliya Shelia" I tell her and she shrugs.
"Same thing" she says and I take a deep breath.
"Really Shelly" I say and she raises a brow at me.
"She's right mother" Nathan says laughing and I roll my eyes at her and continue to eat.
"I'm sorry Nataliya. I just want my son to have the best in everything. I'm a stubborn bitch I know but he's all I have I want him to be happy" she tells me and I nod sighing. She's testing me.
"I hear you but I really do love your son. He means everything to me. I don't care about his money. I just want him" I tell her and Nathan kisses my temple.
"You don't need to explain yourself peaches. I already know this" he says smiling at me.
"I really hope so because I'm actually starting to like you" she says and I light up. Oh my god.
"You do?" Nathan asks her and she smiles for the first time today.
"I do she reminds me of a younger me with your dad" she says and I wonder if she came from a less privileged background.
"Wow, I'm surprised and you never talk about dad. Let alone you and dad" he says to her and she smiles again clearly thinking of him.
"Your grandparents didnt like me very much at first either because I wasn't the chosen one" she says and I raise a brow.
"Well that's shit, and you thought you'd give me the same treatment" I say and laugh and she laughs too.
"I'm sorry darling, I just don't want my boy hurt again" she says and Nathan sighs.
"Not now mum please" he says and I furrow my brows. What they talking about? Again?
I look to Nathan and he sighs.
"What does she mean again? Tell me baby" I say and he looks at me
"It was years ago. She used me for my money, and broke my heart when she left" he says and I feel like I wanna rip her head off. How dare she.
"So this is why you assumed I'd just want his money? I didn't even know he had money until a few days ago. I want your son Mrs Parker" I tell her.
"Shelia please, and I'm happy that you want my son and not just his money. I won't have another one of her breaking his heart so I accept you and your twos love for one another" she says with a smile and Nathan grabs my hand and kisses it.
"I can't believe this is happening" Nathan says shocked and I chuckle. What was he expecting?
"I love you Nathan and I just want you to be happy" she tells him and he smiles at her then looks at me.
"I am happy mum, more than I've ever been. Believe me" he tells her and I feel all fuzzy inside. He's so cute.
"We'll have to make this a more regular thing because I'd love to have you both around" she says and Nathan smiles.
"I want that to mum, it's just this house. To many memories that I'd rather not think about" he tells her and I look at him sadly.
"It's OK son, I'll come to you. If you'll have me?" she asks and he nods his head.
"Sure, I'll cook next time" I tell her and she smiles.
"Ohh I can't wait now" she says and I smile. I hope we can actually get along.
"How did you two meet anyways" she asks picking up her wine glass.
"Nataliya's my new neighbour" he tells her and she laughs.
"Of course she is" she says shaking her head.

After lunch we relaxed in the lounge with a movie playing and Nathan filled his mum in on work and she told him some stories about his dad he didn't know. All in all its been a good day. And I love this house.
"Let's go home peaches" Nathan says to me and I nod feeling sleepy.
"I'm gonna take peaches home mum, I'll call you" he tells her and I stand up grabbing my bag.
"It was lovely to me you Nataliya" she says and hugs me. She loves me..
"Dont be a stranger both of you" she says and hugs Nathan tightly.
"We won't mum" he says as they pull apart.
"I love you son and I'm so happy for you" she tells him and he smiles.
"I love you too mum and thank you it means alot" he tells her as we walk towards the door. She hugs him again as I walk towards the car and wave bye as I climb in pulling on my seatbealt and Nathan finally climbs in.
"So she likes you peaches. What the hell is going on?" he asks and I laugh.
"Isn't that a good thing? I thought it was going all down hill but she just changed when I banged it back at her about you" I tell him and he looks at me.
"So you really love me Nataliya?" he asks me and I smile at him.
"I love you Nathan" I tell him and he kisses me forcefully taking me of guard as I moan into his mouth.
"When you said it my heart was beating so fast I couldn't speak baby" he says and I chuckle.
"I couldn't let your mum think I didn't want you. I had to just say it and hope you didn't freak" I tell him and he laughs.
"No freaking because I love you too peaches" he tells me and kisses me again.
Nothing can ruin this.. Just my parents now. I hope they accept him. Either way I love him and nothing will change.