Chapter 31

Arriving at the restaurant Nathan climbs out holding out his hand and I accept it and climb out.
"Like I said. Chinese" I tell Nathan laughing.
"I've been here before it's not bad" he says and I nod smiling.
Walking into the restaurant were seated and my dad looks to us smiling.
"Have you seen your mother? Has she met Nathan?" My dad asks me and I sigh.
"No and no. You know what she's like dad" I tell him not wanting to talk about her.
She doesn't care for anything but herself. I don't need that in my life.
"I understand sweetheart and I'm sorry she's like that" my dad says and I offer him a small smile. It's not his fault she's shit. We all look through our menus and a waitress appears.
"Can I get a glass of rosé please" I tell her and she writes it down looking between the men as I continue to look through my menu for food.
After my dad orders something of everything from the menu literally he looks at me shaking my head.
"So Nathan. What do you do for work?" he suddenly asks and I look to Nathan and smile.
"I'm a personal trainer and I own my own gym sir" he tells my dad and he nods impressed but looks confused.
"OK.. But why do you have security following us if your just a personal trainer?" he asks him and I sigh. Great of course he noticed.
"Kyle was a threat to Nataliya and I thought It would be best for now to have some extra security. Nothing will happen to my peaches" he says and my dad smiles.
"That makes sence but where did you find them? They don't look professional" my dad says and I sigh. Fuck sake dad.
"This is personal security. I have friends in high places sir. Nothing will happen to your daughter I can promise you that" he says and my dad laughs.
"OK I'm glad to hear it. I'll stop with the questions. Mr friends in high places" he jokes and Nathan laughs.
"So sweetheart, you have a new house, a new man and a new business. How you feeling?" my dad asks me and I grin.
"Never been happier dad, I know where I'm going and what I want out of my life" I tell him and he nods smiling.
"That's all a dad needs to hear sweetheart, I'm so proud of you baby" he tells me grabbing my hand and giving it a squeeze.
Our food arrives and we all take bits of everything and it's a good time. I look to Nathan who looks lost in thought smiling looking between me and my dad.
"What's wrong baby?" I ask him and he smiles at me.
"Nothing peaches, just watching you and your dad reminds me of me and my dad" he says and I offer a sad smile
"Nothing to be sad about peaches it's a good thing. Your dad reminds me of my dad" he says and I nod smiling up at him and then look to my dad grateful he's here.
"What's this? Has your dad past son" my dad asks him.
"A long time ago now I was 15" Nathan says and my dad shakes his head.
"Losing someone that close especially your dad at that age. I was close with my dad too and it rocked me and my beautiful sweetheart here is what gave me the strength to continue with my life. It was hard son" my dad says and Nathan nods agreeing.
"And your mother. Did she move on?" my dad asks him and Nathan shakes his head.
"No my dad died in a car crash with my little sister. My mum hasn't been the same since" Nathan says and I hope we can make her better. She has fire in her still.
"Well I'm sorry to hear that, I feel that as a parent" my dad says and I feel this conversations getting heavy. Jeez
"Thank you Frank" he says and my dad smiles and nods at him.
"So what's your plans with my daughter then?" dad asks Nathan lightening the mood
"I intend on marrying peaches asap and popping out lots of grandkids for you sir" Nathan says and I choke on my food. Did he really just say that. Wow.
"That's good to hear, no fucking about. If it feels right go with it" dad says and I smile. Atleast I have his blessing.
"That's what I said to peaches. As long as the main people are happy for us why wait? It's about us" he says to my dad and he nods agreeing eating away.
"Totally son.. I can't wait to walk you down the aisle sweetheart" my dad says and I smile happily.
"Soon dad. So Nathan has your permission?" I ask him needing him to say the words.
"I can see and feel how happy you are sweetheart. Why would I say no.. Marry her already son" my dad says to us and I feel ecstatic. He's agreeing and I couldnt be happier.
"Looks like I'll be finding a ring sooner than I thought" Nathan laughs and I smile at him just wanting to take him home and get him naked.
"OK, let's change the subject, your looking all lovey dovey now, you've got my blessing" dad says and we all laugh.
"I have some news for you about me and my love life" my dad says looking awful cheerful and I grin. Finally he's moving on.
"Tell me more. Who is she?" I ask him smiling and he smiles lighting up clearly thinking of her. Aww dad.
"I met her a few weeks ago and we've been on five dates, I'm happy and her name is Liz and she's so beautiful" he says and I smile he seems happy in himself that makes me happy. I don't want him to be alone.
"So if all goes well you'll be meeting her soon sweetheart" he says and I nod eagerly making him laugh
"I can't wait dad. I'm so happy for you" I tell him and he grins.
I hope she's nicer that my mother. Dad seems to be happy and it shows. Finally he has love back in his life and I couldn't be happier for him. I hope we can get along.