Chapter 50

Relaxing with Nathan drinking my beer and watching some crap after the film finished I hear a car pull up out side and wonder if it's Vanessa. Checking my watch I see it's nearly 7pm so I know it's them. I untangle myself from Nathan and stand up looking out the window seeing them kissing.
"Aww baby there proper kissing out here bless em. I make a good cupid" I tell him and he laughs. They start walking towards Nathan's door and I run to go answer it.
Swinging it open as Jaxon was about to knock I smile at them both.
"Hey guys, come in" I say and Vanessa blows me a kiss and walks in. I guess there date went really well.
Closing the door and following them in I walk into the kitchen and grab four beers and hand them out to them and take my seat back next to Nathan.
"So how was it. Have fun?" I ask them and they both look at each other dreamily and I chuckle
"It was so good babe, we went paintballing. I fucking loved it. We should all go next time" she says and I smile at them.
"Are you into that kind of thing peaches?" Nathan asks looking at me.
"I've been once, it wasn't that bad" I tell him and he smiles.
"Then we should go do it" Nathan says chipper.
"So you two, what's the plan now?" I ask Jaxon and Vanessa as they sit staring at each other.
"We're gonna do what you two did, see if we can make this work" Jaxon says and I grin.
"I'm so happy for you both. I can't believe I found you your dadd.. Man" I stopped before I could finish the word. My bad. I look to Nathan who laughs and Jaxon shakes his head chuckling.
"Anyways, I have something I can offer you Vanessa" Nathan says sitting forward looking at her smiling.
"I'm listening" she says taking a swig of her beer.
"I want you to come and work for me" he says to her and she gasps.
"Oh my god. Doing what?" she asks grinning.
"What you do now, you'll be my assistant at the gym. Book clients, make sure my schedule is upto date that sort of thing" he tells her and she smiles.
"I'd love to Nathan, thank you" she says and looks to Jaxon beaming.
"Did you set this up for me Jax?" she asks him and he shakes his head holding up his hands.
"No, me and peaches were talking about you, we thought it'd be a good idea" Nathan says and she looks to me grinning.
"Oh my god I'm moving to Birmingham" she exclaims and jumps up rushing over to me and hugging me. Hard.
"Yes babes! I'm so excited for you" I tell her and she smiles at me.
"I can't wait to tell Casey" she says and my face drops. Shes gonna hate me again for this.
"She's gonna think I'm taking you away from her" I tell her sadly. Yet she was my friend first.
"I'm happy babe that's all that counts. She can like it or not. I get what you mean now" she tells me into my ear and I smile.
"I'm glad your happy babes, it's about time too" I tell her as we pull apart.
"I think we need more drinks.. Let's celebrate" I say and Nathan jumps up.
"Let me grab a bottle or two" he says and walks into the kitchen coming back out with a bottle of bourbon and a bottle of white rum.
Putting them on the coffee table he walks back over and brings tumblers for us and looks to me first.
"Bourbon baby" I tell him smiling as he pours me a decent amount.
"Vanessa?" he asks and she grabs the bottle of rum pouring her own whilst Nathan pours Jaxon a bourbon.
"To us. Finding what we've always wanted" Nathan says looking at me grinning.
"To us" we all say clinking glasses and drinking.
"So if Vanessa does move to Birmingham, where does that leave you bro?" Nathan asks Jaxon.
"I'm coming home bro, and I'm taking that job" he tells Nathan making him smile
"Seriously bro?" Nathan asks him and Jaxon nods looking at Vanessa.
"How could I not want to come home" he says with a broad grin.
"I'm so happy everything's falling into place" Nathan says holding me close and I can just feel the happiness radiating from him. He's getting his friend back.
"Why don't you move into Nathan's as he's supposed to be moving in with me?" I tell them but raise a brow at Nathan.
Is it even still happening I don't know..
"Are we going fast pace again peaches" he asks smirking raising his brow at me and I roll my eyes and chuckle.
"Well I did say to give it a go previously before we buy a house remember" I tell him raising my own brow.
"But everything else can slow down." I add and he laughs
"If you can bend the rules, so can I peaches. But I will move in with you" he says and I furrow my brows wondering what rule he wants to bend. Shit!
"So are we moving into here?" Jaxon asks Vanessa and she looks to us smiling and I nod at her.
"Absolutely Jax, but I have things I need to do at home" she tells him and he nods.
"I can come with you if you like?" he asks her and she lights up.
"Oh my god you would?" she asks him and he chuckles nodding.
"Of course beautiful" he tells her and she grins.
Nathan's right. Everything really is falling into place. I get one of my best friends back and she's happy with Jaxon. I'm so fucking happy! The best thing I ever did was move to Birmingham. I took a risk and it's turned out perfectly. I just pray this bubble never pops.