Chapter 100: Oceanic Blue Eyes

Rei steps forward casually with a small quiet thud, their red framed glasses in complete accurate check with certainty, as they take a stride of confidence within their small refined step.

"My lady, allow me to explain"

Rei offers to act as a mediator in explaining the details, as Kirari agrees to their offer with a responsive nod forward, so Rei takes a slow step ahead and stops short on-route, their hazel dark eyes locking onto Igarashi sternly with a smug friendly expression, almost as if to show that they meant no harm, but their eyes remained shiny with a sharp glint. It was evident that they could feel the mistrust in her violet eyes which kept staring forward, so they've decided to clarify their intentions while they still could, before they could be mercilessly judged by the logical distrustful girl who could not accept Rei's gesture of kindness without looking for a grain of salt in the mix.

It seems Rei wasn't hostile to either one of them in the least, they've come with good intentions, but could they prove so to the likes of brash Sayaka? That was the question.

"I come with no harm, I have always worked for Miss Kirari"

Rei clarifies with evident truthfulness in their proud raspy voice, removing their red framed glasses with the tips of their white leather gloves casually slow, as their gaze is met with undeniable mistrust and suspicion. Sayaka comes off fairly surprised, she does not know what to think of this, so she awaits an answer from the duo.

Kirari nods, with refined confidence, almost as if devouring any doubts that Sayaka had possessed earlier like a warrior, she's keen on winning the elections even if she has to stay bed-ridden even for a few days, and she knows how to manipulate people like fined silk strings.

It seems Rei had been one of her pawn pieces, so she ensures to bestow them with some vivid praise.

(Her secretary mumbles something, but the duo do not hear this)

---------------------------------------------------------------

--------------

"Sayaka, Rei has quite been a valuable asset to us, so far"

The blonde haired girl bids no time to explain her motives, as she highlights the fact that Batsubami has always been a tremendous asset, ever since they have forsaken the clan and undertook an secret authority seat bestowed upon them by Kirari, and from then on they had been tasked to spy on Terano as they played the role of a secret agent, slowly allowing Terano to succumb to her own defeat, while Rei advised her quite wrongly, in hopes of trampling her plans and spoiling them raw.

It seems their loyalty had actually resided with Kirari, yet they pretended to be used as a pawn of another, it was almost ironic how much Terano had trusted them, with little knowledge that they worked for Momobami, who'd rather push her off the cliff than see her meddle in her significant elections

"I do hope you shall have more trust in me"

Rei bows their head in front of Sayaka, who sheepishly does not know what to say, so she looks over at Kirari, whom simply nods and gives her the heads up to trust, but her logical mind still cannot accept this dramatic twist of events. It was nowhere logical for Rei to do this, even if it seemed like they had good reasons.