Chapter 137: Burdensome Love

"Wherever do you think you may be?"

Kirari whispered warmly with a sheepish smirk plastered across her pale face, her smooth palm was slowly running upwards Sayaka's face, as her other subtle hand continued to seize her beloved sapphire novel about tragedy, betrayal and a dystopian universe, while Sayaka remained, resting on Kirari's knees comfortably with childish glee, as her violet eyes sparkled with curiosity, until she suddenly spoke with a waiver in her voice.

(She looked around, realizing this was no longer the eerie caliginous basement from last night)

"Kaichou...wasn't I... in the warehouse basement...last night?"

Sayaka lifted her head once more awkwardly, she looked completely puzzled as her violet eyes could not comprehend where she was, nor how she got there, for yesterday seemed like a fever dream to her. She could barely remember last nights events, until her eyes trailed down to her own injured knees, as her black socks were torn from yesterday's fall, and her bruised knees revealed white plasters, which were now firmly decorating her cuts and bruises, as they dressed her wounds properly with care.

"...my wounds..are dressed?"

Sayaka mumbled quietly to herself in awe and utter surprise, her eyes trailing to see she was properly taken care of.

................................................................................

It seems Kirari went an extra mile to patch her up while she was asleep and out of commission. Somehow this made Sayaka smile slightly, but she was too shy to admit it first thing in the morning.  This was not the correct time for her to obsess over the president's kind acts, so she simply raised herself up, recollected herself and took a seat besides the president, as opposed to continuing to occupy her knees like a vulgar woman that she was.

..............................................................

"You certainly were, but why must that matter now?"

Kirari closed her novel swiftly, setting it completely aside on the wooden desk to her left, as she looked down at Sayaka who was still very much confused at her whereabouts. Their proximity was now quite close as Kirari leaned in towards her suddenly, their lips inches away from blissful kisses, her white hair was in Sayaka's face.

"You're here in my private study, and you'll be staying here because today is your day off"

Kirari dusted herself promptly, then stood up casually approaching the silver paneled window as she curiously peered outside, her blueberry fingernails rattling the panel, while she looked out at the bright red sun was starting to raise up. By now, the sun was heavily beaming inside like a flashlight lighting up her face, as Sayaka noticed Kirari had not slept a wink at all since last night. Her enigmatic eyes demonstrated the presence of several dark circles under her blue eyes, while her body language proved she was fatigued and restless.

(Her body was somehow stiff, as opposed to her usual loose and authoritative nature)

"President...I.. cannot skip work, not when you're in this condition!"

Sayaka protested eagerly with concern, quickly jumping to her feet with quick reaction as she neared her, walking up towards her with each polished fast step, until she was finally face to face with Kirari once more, but her height still demonstrated her place. She was too short to make rules and demands.