Chapter 168: Stubborn Fool

Sayaka immediately hangs up the phone as she unties her blue bathrobe and allows the silky draped garment to fall completely down to the concrete floor, as she propels on her bare knees feeling utterly hopeless and defeated with sheer distraught upon viewing the pictures sent by Yumeko.

"This..I thought the president would never... No..."

By now, her lingering thoughts are in shambles, her violet eyes are in crystal like tears bearing an expressive anguished expression on her face as she sobs covering her face. Her body and breasts are completely exposed to the nature and the windy breeze, the skylights of the busy Tokyo streets, and the darkness above that lingers her fair violet sights as her eyes swell up with more crystal tears, slowly rolling down her cheeks as she enters another breakdown.

"How ... How could she.. ever do this to me..? Why..."

She cries quietly while her mind orchestrates the worst possible case scenario. She could not help but imagine Kirari sleeping with Sunaka in her mansion bed, as she forsaw all the 69 possible positions in her minds eye. These horrible thoughts pierced right through her heart like daggers digging into her bare flesh, as she felt her heart sink, her body quivered with hopeless pain. She was in living hell.

(She couldn't stand imaging the woman she loved with another. It seems she did not ever want to bear witness to that. Kirari was only hers, and she'd never allow anyone to have her. She just wouldn't allow anyone to touch her, even if she had to bring them to their early demise)

She ignores the severity of the situation and heads back inside to find another glass, to chug down five more glasses of cold shot bombay without a sigh. But her binge drinking does not stop there, for she finds another glass bottle hidden at the bottom compartment of her white fridge, this time of fine red wine as she drags it down to the balcony and chugs it down completely, ignoring the warning signs of her body to stop short. She dismisses every last bit and worry of concern she has as she looks over the edge, tempted to throw it all down, tempted to throw herself away into the dark abyss unseen, until her phone lights up randomly, displaying her lock screen photo of herself and Kirari in the student council as she sat on her knees, which reminded her of their passionate love, that clutches even further onto her desperate heartstrings with bitterness.

"..Stupid president.."

In a last attempt to calm her raging nerves, she rings Kirari in an effort to speak her mind for one last time while she was fully intoxicated, but only to have the call unfortunately bounce back, as the receiver was out of bounds, out of service with her phone completely turned off. It was almost as if the entire universe had been working against the two lovers at this moment as their love could not reach one another.

This was the last straw for Sayaka, who no longer cared about her dignity. She threw her phone at the wall of the balcony in a fit of rage and agony, as it bounced back and fell across the railing, succumbing down to gravity before shattering the screen as it crashed into the concrete pavement below with full impact, breaking into countless parts scattered across the grey pavement. Afterwards, she headed back inside and found herself within the comforts of her bed, in tears, until she was completely knocked out cold from the alcohol, only to fall asleep with her balcony door wide open, her body laying nude on the bed, with another bottle of whiskey in her hand, she was finally asleep.

Meanwhile, Kirari awakens from her sleep, noticing a missed call she tries to return, still exhausted, but unfortunately Sayaka is nowhere to be reached and also stands out of bounds. This makes Kirari continue the night open-eyed, as she stares at the ceiling, becoming unable to fetch a wink of sleep, while her mind fills up with questions. It seems she was concerned for her lover, yet she could not show it. She had no right to show it after all she had done, and stepping in now would only make Sunaka all more the eager to remove Sayaka out of the picture.

Several hours later Kirari receives a call from someone overly familiar. It seems they have attended to their duties and kept their word to her, as the grand finale had been set. The die had been cast as requested by her previously.

This would be her very final order as president, before she'd stake her own life on the line.

"My lady, the stage has been set"

A firm, but radiant voice emits from the phone as Kirari merely nods and raises out of bed to prepare herself for what would be a difficult day.

"Do you want me to arrange last preparations with Runa before the final showdown?"

They inquire, noticing the odd silence on Kirari's end before she exhales, there is an odd silence on her end before she eerily speaks quietly.

"See to it, and be my guest."

She responds nonchalantly with coldness, ending the phone call as she steps into the cold shower unfazed, letting the ice bitter water run over her frail shoulders smoothly, as it reaches her head while she washes her face.  She breathes heavily and sighs deeply, submerging herself completely under the running stream of the titanic cold like water, reminding her that she is completely and utterly alone.

Not even her sister would support her decision, but she knew what was best to keep Sayaka safe.

"And to believe, I had promised to never play so cruel."

"Perhaps I really am
..such a stubborn fool"
.......
...
.