Chapter 166: Emptiness

After some time, Kirari finally returns back to her luxurious mansion without another turn back, only to be greeted by darkness as she steps inside. Soon, she flicks on the beaming lights only to realize that her sister, Ririka, had been staying at Mary's house more often lately. Ever since the incident when Kirari was stabbed by Makuro and rushed to the hospital for a blood transfusion, the mansion had been left abandoned, untouched, and now contained  a haunting sense of emptiness, a stark contrast to its once vibrant and lively atmosphere, which was now filled with distant memories and far off thrills.

Kirari's oceanic blue eyes soon caught the remnants of her own burgundy blood traces on her once-gleaming golden tiled floor. She released a quiet sigh and walked across the wide hallway, gently gliding upstairs and tracing her soft feminine fingertips along the dusty golden railing as she ascended the stairs with fondness and nostalgia in her stride. Quietly moving through the crimson hallways, she tapped her fingers to uncover more layers of dust that had settled on the elegant oak wooden railings of her staircase, reminding her of the time her mansion was left unoccupied and lonely, despite the occasional visits of her driver and butler, Sebastian.

A dawning realization washed over Kirari's mind as she felt the cold void in her heart that was present from Sayaka's absence, which seemed to create a gapping hole in her very heart. The grand luxury of her mansion now seemed filled with an echoing silence. For the first time in her life, she understood the weight she would have to bear alone, unable to share her true emotions with anyone, not even metaphorically. The burdens lay solely on her shoulders, a heavy burden she must carry all on her own before she could restore the balance of her own life and restore the state of her academy to its once complete state that had existed before the chaotic events had erupted.

She slowly walks the second floor with a hardened poker faced expression of steel, the crimson carpets underfoot seem to accentuate the heavy weight in her beating heart, despite her refusal to give in to the feels. With each quiet step, she enters her personal room chamber quietly, making her way toward the once-deluxe king-sized bed adorned in red and silver sheets, now untouched and desolate, abandoned and cold without warmth.

She slowly sits down as memories flood her racing mind, of passionate nights shared with Sayaka, their bodies entwined in heated intimate embrace of passion and extravagant sexual frustration and lust, their love igniting a fiery passion that once consumed the entire chamber room. She recalled how she had passionately made love to Sayaka against the glittering scarlet bedsheets, pushing Sayaka's frail feminine body down forcefully with sheer power and desire, Kirari had trailed her strong womanly hands all over her body, as she had kissed her neck softly, until she left a memorable hickey, body against body, breasts against breasts, as her body weight held Sayaka down locked beneath, her fingers were entwined inside her unearthly realms passionately, which grew ever so moist against her fingertips as the duo girls made love ever so fierce. They kissed and embraced heavily, body to body, skin to skin, their lips were entwined together along with their tongues in circles, as she made the dark haired girl come more than too many times, while all Sayaka could do was clutch the bedsheets heavily and gasp for air only to mumble out her name in mixed sentences with emotionality, "Mhn aghh.., Kirari" she moaned her lover's name, but the prestigious deluxe king bed was now completely empty, the atmosphere was darkened and sad, and there was nobody left for her to hold tonight, except the sounds of her antique clock that seemed to create even more emptiness with every passing tick.

In the aftermath of the incident with Makuro, Kirari had sought solace in hotels and Sayaka's apartment, but it was within this prestigious kingly room that their love had reached its peak, where she finally understood she wanted more than sex. The bed, once a symbol of their passion, now stands as a solemn reminder of what has been lost. But now, the once-vibrant atmosphere has dimmed, and a sense of melancholy had come to envelop her completely.

Tonight, there is no one left for her to hold, no warm body to intertwine with, no soft lips to kiss. The emptiness of her heart is mirrored by the emptiness of her lonely bed. The room that once held their love now remains an echo of their loving past, a haunting reminder of the romance that once flourished within these walls outside the eyes of the public. And in this moment of desolation, Kirari longs for the touch and presence of her beloved Sayaka, a love she fears she may never experience again, were she to ever screw up her last and only chance.

Of course, one could say she didn't have to be lonely, she could always call up some random red light district women to entertain her chambers for the night, as she could head back into town to fetch and scoop up some strippers as well, but she had no desire for infidelity. She would never be a cheater when it came to the one who made her feel alive.

Moments passed by as Kirari quietly sat by the corner of her bed lost in deep thinking, she traced her fingertips against the bed rails, as it seemed all that Kirari had ever yearned for was to be understood, to be accepted despite her unpredictable nature and to be loved for her tyrannical flaws. Now, her mansion felt empty proving testament to her hurts, her yearning to be held felt like a burden on her chest, like a heavy boulder crushing her body. She craved to have Sayaka back, to be one with her again, both in mind, body, and in soul.

However, she still had to carefully protect Sayaka from Sunaka, and she knew this task would not prove to be easy. She was reminded of Sunaka's assassination attempt on her, and gradually decided she must silently observe Sayaka from afar in order to protect her from trouble.

Momentarily, Kirari takes out her smart phone, scrolling through the list of numbers she had as she wondered how to best mediate the situation. It seems she would have to scrap the challenge hunt for her secrets, and instead focus on setting up the grand finale gamble between herself and Sunaka, where stakes would be held equal on the polished table of luck and gambling, as she would stake her own life on the line to keep the terms equal.

She called a familiar number and waited for a response before relying her thoughts to the responder behind the phone on the opposite line.

"Midnight it may be, but it seems I must bother you."

Kirari briefly emits her reasoning, her voice is filled with thrill and mystery, a pause is heard on the line, before she speaks once more.

"I would have certainly asked in advance had I known the outcome, but it seems you must act tonight to set the stage, where I shall play my part"

Kirari quietly whispers, closing her blue eyes as she lays down onto the bed, fully clothed, cutting the phone call short without an explanation.

It seems it would finally be time for Kirari to cut the chords of the academy walls. Her fierce blue eyes were set on one, and that was to get back her lover at all costs, even if she would have to stake her own life on the line, she would do it by all means, for her desire was to be a supernova, which burns and explodes so bright, like fine stars in the distant galaxies.