Chapter 172: Sensational Black Jack

Unamused Sayaka proceeds towards the main front of the room nonchalantly in her stride as myriads of students glance in her direction from their timber chairs enthusiastically, she carefully climbs on stage ascending to join Kirari and Sunaka at the ornate poker table as she fixates her gaze on Runa who fills her in with the information. Immediately, it becomes clear to her that this game would resolve around being partnered, but to her surprise she had not been chosen by the President. She had actually been chosen by Sunaka, who kept throwing her flirtatious waves and signals in a swift attempt to catch her undivided attention.

Meanwhile, Kirari remained perched like a queen amongst the unfolding drama, she lets out a soft chuckle, her amusement palpable. It echoes across the room, laden with secrets and unspoken truths. To her, this entire spectacle, brimming with suspense and veiled intentions, appears to be nothing more than a grand game of charades built to entertain her own amusement, a theatrical display she has orchestrated from the very beginning. The air is electric with unspoken narratives and the promise of a game that is more than mere child's play, but a dance of minds and wills, set upon the stage of destiny and desire of all tyrants.

Within moments Rei Batsubami also ascends the stage quietly, taking refuge by Kirari as they stand to the side, removing the hair bobbin from their brown hair, and rolling up their sleeves with refined charisma and deviancy, as they felt a masculine urge to pull up their reigns today, while being under their best behaviour to act as the President's guiding confidant.

"Chosen I have been, Madam I see."

Rei exclaims proudly as they are glad to be of use to the president once in a refined blue moon, their smile fills up with courtesy and their head leans for a semi-low bow, while they pull up their white gloves, demonstrating an elegant display of pride, while Sayaka feels a sinking feeling in her stomach, to know she had not been chosen by her former lover, which bring a gruelling feeling of devaluation and worthlessness.

(Even through the pricks and pillars, hardships and storms of utter chaos, how dare the President choose anybody else but her, what was it in her that demonstrated a sheer audacity to discard everything between them for the sake of a mere gamble? She failed so hard at trying to comprehend the actions of the President, but she knew her behaviour made her only, but sick to the stomach, as she had to bear facing the only woman she had ever loved, the one who took away her innocence, her virginity, and shattered her fragile heart to pieces almost as if it was nothing. She found it hard within herself to stand her ground, but she knew she had to do it, for she was the only one who could withstand that type of behaviour)

"Chosen you have been, for you're more than a mere bargaining chip."

Kirari responds with praise and grace at her fingertips as she mocks Sunaka's bad choice by picking Sayaka as a partner for the grand gamble. Moments later, Runa shuffles the deck of cards on the ornate poker table and takes a diving seat into her third party chair as the shuffler and dealer of the game, while Sayaka's eyes remain fixated on Kirari. It was evident she had still felt a deep attraction towards her, despite her infuriating emotions and unprovoked lovesickness, but the president merely kept her own eyes glued to Sunaka for the time-being, as her mind lay prized on the game, not an array of blindless emotions chaotically storming her seas.

As the tension in the room escalates, the refined deck shimmered like blue pearls under the dimly lit chandeliers, revealing its first hand in a dramatic flourish. Runa, with a deft flick of her wrist, unveils a 4 and 6 of spades, the cards lying side by side on the plush, emerald tablecloth, summing to a calculated total of 10. This opening move sets the stage for Kirari and Sunaka, each poised with the weight of decision - to hit, stay, or daringly double their poker stakes if they dared. The air is thick with anticipation as each player contemplates their strategy, 100 chips gleaming in front of them like tokens of power and fortune.