Chapter 118: Shots Misfired

Mary misfires completely, missing Makuro in the lengthy distance, as sharp pin-pointed yellow bullets are flung directly across the dark stadium in the perspective of her blind spot. They bounce directly off walls and ricochet against the illuminated ceiling, as they sharply put holes through the stage decorations, decorating the props of spooky white skeletons and enigmatic dark figures with flat-out wide bullet holes, as the audience gasps with sheer traumatic suspense. However, one bullet manages to pierce the delusional man, but Makuro remains completely unharmed, safe and content, almost as if nothing had occurred, until his expression darkens widely, his delusional dark eyes grow piercingly cold with the extremities of cold arctic frost, while he thumbless a quick motion of his hand in retaliation.

It seems his intent was no longer to play, but to kill.

"Well, well if isn't the GINGER WHORE!"

Makuro applauds, filling the entire illuminated stage with disgruntled laughter, as his psycho laugh echoes throughout the entire room, while the students panic in their seats, gripping onto the sides of their chairs, they could not evade his mental torment even with the distance set out in place.

Suddenly, he pulls the trigger on his gun within the blink of a second, as he launches several rounds of bullets heading towards the trio off stage.

"Fuck THIS!"

Mary curses with sheer anger as she curses in utter disbelief, noticing Makuro's sudden pull of the trigger while she braced for the bullets to head her way. She tries to move, but to no avail, as she freezes on the spot, her legs refusing to take her away to be safe from the incoming direct impact, while she remains completely glued to Ririka.

"Don't stand there,  JUST MOVE!"

Sayaka warns her, noticing Mary freezing on the spot as she stood there like a street pole, lost in her mind at the wrong timing, as if debating whether to move or save Ririka.

"Pathetic......"

Sayaka mutters, coming to the rescue immediately as she pushes away Mary to her knees, while she leaps up in front to cover the unconscious laying blonde haired vice-president, while the bullets hit right through to her chest. She collapses to one knee, still holding her ground, while her hand grips the metal revolver, as she defends the duo girls with her beloved gun, cursing with words of disgust which are uttered in the silence. 

"LOOK WHAT YOU'VE DONE NOW!"

She scolds Mary angrily for acting so irrationally, as she takes the bullets bravely, thankfully unharmed thanks to the bullet proof she had been sporting in brave fashion, though her face had still taken several slices of shrapnel, as her cheeks bled ever so slightly with motion.  

Finally to their relief, Makuro runs out of bullets, noticing his guns become completely jammed and emptied of bullets to fire. His expression grows disappointed in utter dismay, as the man ducks back a bit, before letting out a gigantic laugh, as the crowd continuously sits back to grip their seats, while Jabami Yumeko schemes something in the distance.

"What a shame, looks like we'll have to take things to the grand finale!"

He laughs out arrogantly like a mischievous little dare-devil, leaping off the dark stage to reveal he was in possession of a bomb trigger, as he drags it out directly from his inner back pocket, revealing a hefty red switch, which could be used to blow up the entire academy.

(Everyone's eyes quickly widen, as tension grows, it escalates.. with fear, aggression, anxiety and unknown sophisticated suspense, as the misery and fate of the poisoned students rests on the shoulders of the student council, and Sayaka herself)

Within seconds the crowd grows agitated, while some students turn to quick aggression, as they continuously proceed to shoulder, kick and lunge attacks towards the sealed off door, in hopes of escaping the chaotic dystopia surrounding the academy.

"LET US THE FUCK OUT YOU MURDERER!"

They scream together in unity, with an attempt to wrestle their way out by sheer aggressive force, but to no avail, as the red room remains completely shut closed, almost as if a secret mechanism had been preventing their exit.

Suddenly Sayaka obtains an idea, quickly trading sharp looks with Mary, as she nods and steps up front quickly, seizing the opportunity to distract the man, while Mary quietly takes Ririka to safety at the back of the second row in search of Miyo, as the duo are approached by Itsuki and Kaeda, who safely escort them to the back rows, while the group hides from direct impact, watching the showdown between Sayaka and Makuro, as the brave secretary stands her ground bravely, looking at the delusional man with utter disgust and bloodlust.

"Your MADNESS ends HERE NOW!"

She exclaims bravely taking deep breaths to hold herself firm, as she takes one step to the front, pointing the gun barrel directly at the psychopath, while watching Makuro's face turn into a gigantic smile, before he grows more serious and composed.

"Or what you're going to shoot me.. like you did BEFORE?"

He asks taking one step forward with provocation, just like Sayaka had done so herself before, while he holds onto the bomb trigger, still evidently bluffing, but unpredictably causing tension in the room, as he reminds the girl of her previous unfinished job.

"I'LL KILL YOU!"

She warns, pulling out another gun to convince the man she had been serious while her hands shake, as they're equipped with dual guns.

This makes the man look at her dumb-folded before he laughs, clearly recalling she hadn't had the guts to kill him before.

"Blasphemy....did you really think I'd come here unprepared?"

He asks her coldly, meddling with the bomb trigger in his left hand like a child, while his right hand rummages in his inner pocket, in search of an additional trigger, which he brings out to her shock and very own surprise that leaves her with a severe blow.

Sayaka remains silent, her face forms into a scowl 

"I didn't come here to chit-chat, I came here to PLAY..and if you don't entertain me, I'll blow myself up, along with this SCHOOL...and your little blonde BITCH...."

He threatens pointing to the back row that hid Ririka and Mary, as everyone comes to notice the bomb, strongly wrapped around the inside of Ririka's red jacket, while Makuro takes back to the stage with a frontal harsh leap, as he pulls the switch and sets the timer for both bombs, one for himself, and the other for the girl.

"You know.. it's quite a shame the bomb didn't blow up when I kicked this bitch off stage..."

He laughs, riling up the crowd, as Mary grows emotional, Sayaka turns frustrated and worried, while Yumeko remains in desperate search of a solution.

Suddenly, Mary flees from hiding, and finally surrenders herself up to the stage, unwilling to love the one that she holds dear to her.

She finally takes responsibility.

"FINE.. I'LL FUCKING PLAY YOUR FUCKING GAME!"