Chapter 171: Logically - Illogical

Sayaka fully enveloped herself in the presence of caliginous shadows which had comforted her very essence and epitome, she had pressed her petite form against the cold, beige wall at the hall's dimly lit corner. Her arms tightly crossed across her chest, she slouched, exhaling a sigh loaded with unspoken thoughts and memories. Moments later, she reluctantly addressed Yumeko whose red eyes had been fixated sharply on her presence, her once bitter adversary, now an unlikely ally in a clandestine truce hidden from all.

"Who wouldn't crave her downfall? After witnessing such treachery.." 

She nonchalantly replied, her feminine frail voice devoid of any radiant emotion, her pale face now expressionless. Her purple eyes, once vibrant, now lifelessly scanned the figures of the students sat firmly in their chairs. The rosy hue of her usually red-coloured cheeks had now completely faded; her lips, chapped and unattended, as her face bore deep black eye-circles, demonstrating nights of no-sleep, her body was fatigued, her uniform messy and untidy, as she resembled a shell of her former self.

"Banishment, humiliation, being fired and realizing Kirari had someone else lined-up behind my back the whole time?"

Sayaka scoffed hysterically, revealing her deep inner turmoil, a mind teetering on the brink of despair. Her violet eyes clouded with gloom; no spark of life illuminated her countenance, shrouded in a dark, oppressive mood. She stood, immovable, a figure lost in her own torment as her mind continued to endlessly torture her with the epitome of painful thoughts, as she could barely stand in the presence of the same woman who had meant so much, but now was so corrupted, that Sayaka herself came to question the sense of reality.

"The only befitting fate for the President is a fall from grace, to experience life as a commoner, and perhaps then.. she would understand the likeness of the other side.."

She mumbles under her breath quietly, one hand clutched against her beating chest as she tried hard to despise her, hard to hate her for all that Kirari had ever done to her, but inside there was a stupid side to her feelings, a side which made her feel that perhaps there could be redemption, perhaps the President would come around and return to her ordinary self after her defeat, but her wishful thinking she deemed it herself stupid. What guarantee would there ever be that Kirari would ever be same, that their relationship and personal endeavours would ever return back to orderly fashion as in the vibrant romantic days? There was none, but only wishful thinking.

She could only hope for a better future, better refined days and for all calamities to perish swiftly into the midst of daylight, but she herself had now started to admit, she barely knew the president at all. Even though she spent years following the president and calculated her every move, there was nothing she could do to read the very epitome of her callous unpredictability. The president was one and the same, but also one not, she was like an African chameleon,  who flexibly adapted and camouflaged in colours that would most befit her strategy, yet nobody knew what else she would pull off. She was left to be read, but remained someone who could never actually be comprehended under normal rational thinking. 

Trying to understand Kirari was like trying to become a billionaire over-night, and Sayaka wasn't one to ravel under the mysteries of life itself. She was a woman of logical strive and calculated moves. However, she'd soon come to defy her own self, becoming logically illogical, as she had failed to realize she had actually been the one to completely split and change herself.

"Igarashi-san, the only one who can defeat the President is you."

Yumeko tacitly exclaims, toying with her silver thumb ring on her finger, as her red-darting eyes hovered over Sayaka, her feet taking her closer to the girl, as she extended her feminine hand towards her shoulder, leaning in slightly, but subtly to whisper a word or few.

"After all...Kirari-san still does hold a soft spot for you, and who would be a better matching candidate, than that of her ex lover.. to knock some sense into her, mhm?"

Yumeko nudged her encouraging her to take the stand as she expressed her ideas in broad-daylight without holding back to urge the dark haired girl to take the reels into her own hands, to become stronger than she had been before, by doing what she had never done before.

"If anyone has a chance to better the academy, that is you."

She convincingly beckons and insists, before slowly walking away to take one of the back seats quietly, as she took her seat besides Mary and Ryota, unbeknownst to them she had been the one pulling the strings behind the approaching charade.

However, the eventful climax was yet to unfold. Moments later, Sayaka's name echoed through the halls, summoning her to the ornate table alongside Rei Batsubami, signalling for the onset of an unforeseen twist in their tale as the gamble of Black Jack would finally ensue.

(What could she have possibly have been called out for ever so suddenly? She could only remain guessing)