Chapter: 170 Betrayal's Shadow: Havoc

Sunaka's cheeks flushed with a tender shy blush as she felt herself gently swept back in time. Her fingers intertwined with Kirari's, feeling the firm, reassuring touch of her hand, the warmth radiating from her delicate soft skin, and the steady rhythm of her pulse. Their magnetic eyes locked firmly, reigniting the spark that had first kindled so many years ago during their innocent, love days at the academy. In that moment, Sunaka was vividly transported back to a time when their love was fresh and untroubled, when they shared passionate mornings and clung to each other through the chill of long exhausting evenings.

She found herself lost in a fond old memory, the day Kirari had first come into her life. It was a chilly spring day, filled with the promise of new beginnings, when Sunaka had tumbled down the stairs unexpectedly. Amidst the indifferent gaze of other students, Kirari stood out like a statute of confidence and compassion. Unlike the others, she didn't hesitate to offer a helping hand despite their societal differences. Their eyes met then, in a collision of fate and emotion, sparking a blissful love in Sunaka that burned with an intensity that she had never known before. She was instantly captivated by Kirari's enigmatic aura, her eyes as deep and mysterious as the ushering ocean. With a strength that belied her graceful form, Kirari helped Sunaka directly up to her feet gently, balancing her with one hand while holding books in the other. It was a moment etched in time, a bittersweet reminder of a love that had once meant everything to the duo girls.

(However, she was soon pushed out of her fond memory as she was taken aback by the reality in front of her two eyes, when Kirari spoke dispersing her thinking)

"Why such a lingering gaze, I do wonder?" 

Kirari inquired, her voice fused with a blend of humility and curiosity, echoing a question she had posed to the enigmatic Arabian girl many years ago. She remained unaware of the tumultuous thoughts swirling beneath the surface of Sunaka's composed exterior. Momentarily, Sunaka averted her dark eyes, feeling the warmth of Kirari's hand, a gesture reminiscent of their past encounters.

"That, I'd rather keep to myself, unfortunately" 

Sunaka replied, her voice carrying a soft chuckle tinged with a hint of ease, yet underlined by a subtle complexity. Gathering her resolve, she stood with a newfound determination, her posture radiating both strength and grace. It seems she had been entirely encapsulated by the fond memories that she had been completely oblivious to what had transpired before her, failing to realize the signature term procedure had been over, and that Kirari had certainly not only been outspoken, but also devious when it came to the sign off of her own terms, as she had secretly added an extra clause with hidden ink which hid away further terms. It wasn't against rules to use tricks when the writing was still on paper, but whether it was visible or not did not matter.

"Suit yourself then so."

Kirari responded, trailing to the exit slowly and gracefully with refined elegant motion in her prideful step.

Unbeknownst to Sunaka, the Arabian girl with eyes like desert storms, the situation was not unfolding in her favor. She was blind to the machinations of Kirari, unable to pierce the veil of deceit that her adversary had so skillfully woven. Yet, a seed of suspicion took root in her heart, a nagging intuition that whispered of unseen dangers. Why would Kirari, known for her cunning and self-preservation, extend a humble helping hand to Sunaka now of all times? It defied logic, for Sunaka herself was no stranger to deception, her mind a fortress of stratagems and ploys.