March 15th, 2021

Gaffney Medical Center - Casey Maternity Suite:
Matt's POV: As I walk into the hospital to go get Gabby and the triplets, I can't help but smile since that means we are done here at the hospital. With COVID being over, things are finally back to normal but still...it could come back. They just said it's in hiding right now so, that worried me. But back to what I am here to do. I am here to get Gabby and our triplets. And of course, you want to know their names? Well, they are adorable...that's all I am going to say for now. Okay fine, you got them out of me. Their names are Abigail Elizabeth, Andrew David and Ethan Jeremiah Casey. God, I still can't believe that we have 6 kids now. But it feels right. Another thing that feels right? The fact that we built our dream home during the pregnancy.

We now live in a 7-bedroom, 5-floor home. Our master bedroom was on the top floor. We had the triplets' bedrooms on the floor right below us, Louie and the twins' bedrooms were on the second floor. On the main floor, we had the living room, the kitchen and an office space for me. The CFD has allowed me to continue to work from home even after my paternity leave considering we have 6 kids. God, I love my job. Oh and somebody I love even more? My gorgeous wife who was completely okay with me spending the last 6 months building her our dream home. Now, she was going to come home to it for the first time since I finished it right before the triplets were born. Walking in, I smiled at Gabby. "Ready to come back to your dream home?"

Gabby turned to look at me when I said that and smiled at me. "You know that I love you like crazy for doing that right babe? You didn't have to do it." I nodded when she said that. "I didn't have to do it but...I wanted to do it." Wrapping my arms around her, I smiled as I went to kiss her softly. "God, I am ready to take you home to our bed." Gabby smiled when I said that. "Promise me we will take it easy. Oh and I still want you to get checked one last time that you can't get me pregnant anymore." I laughed when she said that before going to get the test results from my latest sperm count sample I just did. "How did I know you would ask me to do that?" Gabby smiled when I did that. "Severide and Stella have Louie right?" I nodded and smiled.

"And your mom is going to live with us to help with the twins. I am all yours when it comes to the triplets. Oh and I get to hold you in bed." Gabby smiled when I said that and nodded. "Not just hold me...kiss me and please me in bed. Sorry but, I need to have you close to me again. I have missed my husband while I was here in the hospital." I agreed with her and smiled when she said that. Giving her one last kiss, I smiled at her. "Let's get out of here okay? You have spent enough time in the hospital since you gave birth to the twins. And now that we have 6 kids...I need you at home with me so that I can stop worrying. By the way, I get to work from home now. I told them that with triplets and twins, I need to be home more often. You're done working."

Gabby nodded and smiled when I said that. "Except as your assistant. By the way, I saw on the news that they finally started construction on the new Firehouse 17, the first one that you recommended that they build." I nodded and smiled when she said that. "Yeah, should be done in a couple months. They asked me to be chief for a while when they are done building it but...I said no because I am going to be on paternity leave." Gabby nodded and agreed with me. "Good answer. Now, how about you help me with the triplets? As much as I love talking to you...I want to go home and cuddle up to my entire family in bed. Are their beds set up in our room?" I agreed and smiled at her. "Gabby, everything is ready to go. I told everybody not to be there."

Gabby nodded when I said that and smiled. "Okay, then can you help me grab the triplets?" I agreed and went to grab my new daughter (Abigail Elizabeth)'s, as well as our son (Andrew David)'s car seats. I then looked at Gabby as she grabbed our other son (Ethan Jeremiah)'s car seat. Going to put the diaper bag over her shoulder, Gabby smiled as she went to grab my hand. Intertwining our fingers, me and Gabby both smiled as we went to kiss each other softly. "Time to get going. I am done being in the hospital and I am ready to cuddle up to my family in bed. I love you and I am so glad we finally have the family of our dreams." I smiled and nodded when she said that. Reaching down to grab the car seat, I smiled we finally left the hospital to go home.