April 16th, 2021

Matt's POV: As I finish taking my shower here at me and Gabby's rental in Puerto Rico, I smiled as I came downstairs from our bedroom to see her in the kitchen. "I swear, I think you keep getting better. That was better than the hotel babe." Gabby turned to look at me when I said that. "Then why don't I feel good?" I was confused when she said that. "You feeling sick again?" Gabby then looked at me and sighed. "I am sure it's just my monthly migraines." I sighed when she said that before going to walk over to her. "You look a lot more relaxed though." I sighed when she said that. "I am not though. I just spoke to my CFD counsellor. He isn't clearing me for service. Not even desk duty. Says I have PTSD after a lot of stuff." Gabby just looked at me when I said that.

"So, how long are you off for now?" I then smiled at her. "I'm here until the end of May. Since 4 weeks wasn't enough to clear me...and they said that I am pretty much still in the same mental state as right after it happened, they want to try and wait another 6 weeks. So, I am pretty much on paid mental health leave." Gabby nodded when I said that. She then went to lean against the counter and I got concerned. "You okay babe?" Gabby then sighed when I asked her that. "I am just tired." I then looked at her as she leaned against the counter. Walking up to her, I went to bring her close to me and then grabbed her waist. "Babe, what's wrong?" Gabby then sighed and looked at me. "I'm late." I then looked at Gabby when she said that and got scared. "What?"

Gabby got scared when I said that. "Matt, I didn't know how to tell you.." I then went to step close to her. "Babe, you can always tell me this. I don't care if I need to talk to my counsellor. I don't care about my mental health if it means you need me. Babe, you're late! Like a couple days late....like nothing to worry about or really late...like pregnant late?" Gabby looked at me when I said that and got scared. And of course, she wasn't the only one that heart that. "Sorry, did you just say pregnant late?" Turning my head, I saw Antonio and sighed. "By the way, sorry about Sylvie. I know you were hoping this would be your time." Antonio then looked at me. "Don't change the subject." I sighed when he said that. "Dude, I just finished with my shrink."

I then turned to look at Gabby. "Honestly, I spoke to them and I asked them to be blunt with me. They said that there's a 75% chance that I'm never going to be cleared for service again. So, I just resigned as Chief. Guess who they appointed as the new Battalion Chief?" Gabby smiled when I asked her that. "Severide?" I nodded and smiled. "Stella is the new Captain on Truck 81. They also divided the houses. Says that they don't want to do it. It was a mistake. Let's just say that had I not resigned...I would've been fired." Gabby looked at me when I said that. "So what did you do...did you resign or quit?" I then sighed. "I put in for retirement. They said they aren't going to clear me. Give me my pension then." Gabby laughed when I said that and agreed.

Antonio looked at me when I said that. "Is your pension enough to support your family for the rest of your life?" I shook my head. "Nope. I am going to have to find a job here. Maybe I can move Casey construction down here...or I can get a job with Gabby's charity?" Gabby smiled when I said that and loved the idea. "That sounds great. Would you mind if I work there with you?" I shook my head and smiled at her. "There is nothing I would rather you do in the future. But for now, we have triplets and what could possibly two sets of twins in January." Gabby smiled when I said that and agreed with me. "God, that would be crazy though. A total of 8 kids." I nodded when she said that. "Gabby, relax. I already have the house on the market back home."

Gabby looked at me when I said that. "And our things?" I then smiled at Antonio. "Maybe I can ask Antonio to go get them for me." Antonio then looked at me. "You are..." I then stopped him. "I have a pregnant wife, a toddler son, twins and triplets. We are going to sell all of the furniture. You are just going to get clothes." Gabby laughed when I said that and smiled at me. I then went to push a strand of her hair behind her ear before looking at her. "I am happy about the baby, you know that right Gabby? But we are done. I can't do more than this." Gabby nodded when I said that. "I am going to get my tubes tied and get an IUD implanted." I looked at Gabby when she said that. "Wow, that's a big step." Gabby nodded. "What? My husband can't stop getting me pregnant! I am really ticked off by this!" Gabby then got up and went to walk away to the porch.

Looking at Antonio, I took a breath and he just nodded. "Go ahead. If the kids come down, I got them." I nodded when he said that and sighed as I went to set my coffee down. I then went to make my way outside to talk to Gabby.