Chapter 613

Matt's POV: After spending the past 45 minutes in bed with Gabby, I smiled as I went to get into the shower because I had to take one in case we needed to respond to a fire. Gabby was still asleep in bed so...I didn't expect to be joined in the shower by anybody. However, turns out I was wrong because the moment I was about to step into the shower, I heard the door to my private washroom here in my office open. "You really think you can sneak in a private shower without me?" I turned to look at her and laughed. "I guess not." Walking to up me, Gabby smiled.

"You were really good in that bed. Sure, it wasn't the most comfortable...but you made it comfortable." I nodded when she said that and smiled at her. Feeling her wrap her arms around her, I went to kiss Gabby softly while she wrapped her arms around my waist. "Good, because that is how I want you to feel if we have to sleep in a bed here." Gabby nodded and smiled when I said that before going to kiss me softly. Holding me close to me, I smiled because she was just wearing a towel around her body. "C'mon, we have to get in before the alarms go off babe."

Gabby nodded when I said that before going to take off her towel. Stepping into the shower before me, Gabby turned to look at me and just smiled because she wanted me to join her in the shower. I agreed with her completely because there was nothing more I wanted to do than join my girl in the shower. Going to take off my towel too, I went to step close to her under the hot water before bringing her against my chest. "I don't think we've ever had this much fun in the other firehouse." Gabby smiled and agreed with me when I said that.

Putting her hands on my chest, Gabby went to kiss me and just smiled at me. "God, I love you so much and I am so glad that you are safe right now in my arms." I nodded when she said that before going to wrap my arms around her waist. "I hope to be safe in your arms for a long time." I then moved to pick Gabby up in my arms and smirked as I went to push her against the wall. "And god do I love it when you tease me in bed like that babe. You have no idea how much of a turn on you were the entire time we were in bed." Gabby smiled when I said that.

Gabby smiled and agreed with me when I said that. "Honestly, you weren't that bad yourself Chief Casey." I then went to wrap my arms around her tighter, bringing her right against my chest as we took it slow with each other. "God, I love you so much and I am so glad that we are here right now." That's when I heard the bells go of. I just hoped that it was just the ambulances. That's when I heard something that I never thought I would have to hear.

'Truck 81, Truck 71, Squad 3, Engine 51, Engine 71, Ambo 61, Ambo 71, Bomb Squad, OFI Investigators, CPD Investigators...please respond to Firehouse 71. I repeat, Firehouse 71 is in flames." I looked at Gabby when she said that before letting her fall and then went to get out. "Sorry babe!" Gabby then went to yell at me. "It's okay Matt, I know you have to go. Be safe." I nodded and agreed with her when she said that, grabbing my towel to dry off before going to grab a new pair of clothes that I could put on in a hurry. 

I then went to rush downstairs so that I could make my way (back) to Firehouse 71.