Chapter 587

Jay's POV: After checking who was calling me, I was quite nervous. Turning to look at Erin. "Do we answer or..." Erin nodded when I said that. "Honestly, based on what Olivia has told me, he's harmless and a good mentor." I agreed with her when she said that before going to answer. "Hi, this is Detectives Halstead and Lindsay, co-Heads of the Chicago Police Department's Intelligence Unit. How can I help you Detective Stabler?" Stabler laughed when I said that. "Awh, so it seems that Voigt couldn't choose just one successor to him is that right?" I then sighed.

"Actually, we are a husband and wife team. How can the CPD assist you in an investigation Detective Stabler?" Stabler laughed when I said that. "I am calling on a more personal matter. I am planning to surprise Olivia at the end of the month at the Ceremony where the NYPD is planning to honor Benson. I was going to offer a seat at my table to Voight but unfortunately, that can't happen anymore. So, who better to represent him than his daughter." Erin then turned to look at me and thought about it. "Wow, that is an honor Stabler. It's unexpected."

Stabler agreed. "I would like to first apologize for how I got your number Halstead. I used my contacts at the VA. Thank you for your service in Afghanistan Specialist 3rd Class Army Ranger Halstead." I agreed with him. "The same goes to you Stabler. Vietnam correct?" Stabler agreed with me. "Yes." We then both went to ask him for more information. "So, New York Ceremony. When is it exactly?" Stabler then went to give us the details. "It's April 2nd here in Manhattan. I was wondering if you could represent her dear department friend, Voigt." I nodded and agreed.

I agreed with him when he said that. "I believe it would be fair that his daughter and son-in-law represent him at the ceremony. That sounds perfect. However, we would first just have to speak to my brother since we have 9-month  old triplets." Stabler seemed shocked when I said that. "Wow, and I thought I had a lot to handle. Me and my wife have 5 kids of our own." I agreed with him when he said that. "Well, they are the light of my world now. We will have to think about it but...if we can get my brother to watch them...we would love to come. I can go ask him now."

Erin nodded when I said that. "Listen Stabler, can we call you on this number and we can confirm?" Stabler agreed when we asked him that. "Of course, talk to you guys soon." We both agreed and smiled. "Talk later Stabler." Hanging up, I turned to look at Erin. "Now I just need to talk to Will about it. And we have to feed the kids soon." Erin nodded and agreed with me when I said that. "How about you text your brother so he can bring the kids up...or do you want to go hang out with him for a while so we can talk to them about it?" I then smiled at her.

"I think we need to spend some time together with him." Erin agreed with me when I said that and smiled as she went to kiss me softly. "Then put your shirt on and we'll head downstairs." I agreed with her and nodded when she said that, ready to head back downstairs to be with the kids. Also, we were going to talk to Will and Natalie about them taking care of the kids that weekend. I just hoped that they could because I would love to go to New York with Erin. It would be a mini-honeymoon for us.