Chapter 599

Meanwhile, with the Halsteads:
Jay's POV: As I stand in my home gym, I smile as I get a little workout in. However that is not what I smiling at the most. I am smiling because I just saw my beautiful 7 month old twin boys both crawling downstairs. "Erin, I got the boys down here." Walking over to the stairs, I saw Erin at the top and could tell she was worried. "Hey, it's fine. Just take care of Sophia." She agreed. "Promise me that you are going to put the gate up next time babe? I am cleaning right now." I nodded when she said that. "You want me to come upstairs and help?" Erin shook her head.

I sighed however as I went to pick the boys up. Looking at Champ, I smiled while grabbing my phone. "Upstairs Champ. We are going to go see what mamma is up to up there." Champ nodded and agreed as he went to run upstairs before me. Meanwhile, I went to (carefully) carry the boys upstairs in my arms. Coming up, I saw Erin cleaning up a mess that I (assumed) the boys made while they were eating their cereal. "Babe, just relax. Let me help you." Erin then sighed. "Jay, you shouldn't even be here. You should be at work." I then shook my head.

"Erin, I already told you this...I am not working because you need me here. You are not going to be left to deal with our kids alone. Stop telling me that I should be at work okay because I am not going to change my mind." Erin sighed when I said that and agreed with me. "Now, how about you let me clean up the kitchen and you can go sit in the living room with the kids. Put them in their play centers and then sit on the couch." Erin turned to look at me. "I agreed with the kids in their play centers. However you are not cleaning up when you are all sweaty Jay."

I agreed with her and could already tell that she was stressed about something. "Babe, something is on your mind and you are going to tell me what it is before you even think about changing the subject." Erin sighed as she turned to look at me. "It's about us going to New York City in 2 weeks. I am starting to get cold feet." I sighed when she said that before going to walk over to the living room. Setting Justin and Jayson in their activity centers, I went to walk back over to the kitchen to talk to Erin. "Okay, time to be honest with me. What's up Erin?"

Erin then sighed as she looked at me. "I am getting cold feet about our trip to New York City. What if the babies get sick and need us. We are going to be more than a day's drive away and at least a 2 hour flight away. What if it's serious and..." I sighed when she said that before going to wrap my arms around her. "They are going to be taken care of by two emergency room doctors who have probably seen everything." Erin sighed as she stepped close to me before going to wrap her arms around me. "Is it because they aren't going to be taken care of by Hank?"

Erin sighed when I said that and nodded. "It's not that I don't trust your brother and Natalie but...I just always pictured that Hank would be the one who would take care of the babies while we were away on a trip for the first time." I agreed with her when she said that and smiled at her. "Well, he is going to be looking over them for us. That is even better...he is always going to be them because he is with them in their hearts." Erin nodded when I said that. "It's in 2 weeks okay? Just take deep breaths and remember that they are going to be okay with Will."

I then went to grab her neck and pushed her head up. Kissing Erin slowly, I smiled at her. "You want to just spend the day in bed again?" Erin thought about it and nodded. "I think that sounds like fun but...I would also like to go take a walk. Do you think that's a good idea?" I then thought about it and just looked at her. "Honestly, I just worked out. Think we can take a pass for now." Erin nodded when I said that and smiled at me. "Of course we can." I then went to wrap my arms around her more before kissing my forehead. That's when I went to look at the triplets.

"Listen, how about I help you bring them upstairs and then I will take a shower." Erin nodded when I said that and smiled at me. Letting her go, I went to walk over to the triplets with her so that we could carry them upstairs where we were going to spend the day with them in bed.