Chapter 676

"You hesitated! We promised each other that we would be honest with each other when it came to the kids. So tell me! And don't use the pregnant card!" -Gabby Casey

Matt's POV: When Gabby said to be honest with her (and not to use the pregnant card to get out of it), I knew I was going to have to tell her what I was thinking. Call me crazy, but recently I have been seeing signs of mental health issues in Louie. Maybe it was because I used to read medical books when I was with Hallie (someone had to quiz her!) or just me watching too much Discovery Health (once again, Hallie's idea...not mine!) that I am diagnosing our son this way.

"Okay, I am not saying that this is the truth but...I am wondering whether Louie has some mental health issues like me. Now, I don't want you to judge me but, I used to watch a lot of Discovery Health and read medical textbooks." Gabby just looked at me when I said that. "You reading medical textbooks?" I sighed and looked at me. "Please don't make me bring her up. You know that's awkward when it's about our kids and I am talking about Hallie."

Gabby just looked at me. "Just tell me." I then sighed. "I used to help her study for her exams so, I read a lot of medical textbooks with Hallie. Oh, and we always watched Discovery Health. So, I have seen some descriptions on mental health issues. And unfortunately, I am starting to see some signs of anxiety in Louie. I mean, he is still really shy even with us. Does that not concern you at all Gabby? We are his parents and have known him for years, yet he is still shy with us."

Gabby seemed to take a minute to think about it before just laying down on my chest. Wrapping my arms around her, I went to kiss her head. "What's on your mind baby? Talk to me and tell me what's going on. We are here for each other through everything remember?" Gabby nodded when I said that. "God, that makes so much sense now. Him always worrying that we are going to loose him again...him having those problems sometimes, the frustration at times."

I nodded and sighed when Gabby said that because I could tell that she was taking this harder than I expected she wood. Just looking at her, I went to whisper to her. "Promise me that you are not going to blame yourself for missing the signs okay? You have a lot going on and heck, I almost missed the signs. It's just with the travelling that I really caught them Gabby. Believe me when I say this...you are not alone in having missed them for a while, I did too!"

Gabby nodded when I said that. "I guess I am just taking it harder considering I am a paramedic. I should've seen the signs Matt. I dealt with those types of people on a daily basis. How could I miss that our own son has mental health problems? Does that make me a bad mom?" I then looked at her and shook my head before going to kiss her softly, pushing her chin up. "I never want to hear you say that again. You are never going to be a bad mom in my eyes!"

I then went to kiss her softly and just smiled. "Listen, enough for now. Get up." Gabby was confused when I said that. "What are we doing?" Gabby got up and then just looked at me. Going to get up, I went to grab her and just went to pick her up in my arms before running down the beach to bring her to the water. "We are getting too serious...you need to relax." Gabby then started to hit my back when I did that. "Matt, put me down!"

Getting in the water with Gabby, I laughed when she asked me to do that

Getting in the water with Gabby, I laughed when she asked me to do that. "Well, you asked for it." I then went to set her down....dropping her right into the water. Gabby then came up out of the water and pushed her hair out of her face. "You are a dead man!" Running over to me, she was about to push me into the water when I went to dive into the water and just swam away. Now this is exactly what we needed. To just play and laugh with each other.

Staying under the water, I was going to surprise Gabby. Looking up to see what she didn't know where I was yet, I just smiled as she walked into the water more. I then went to swim over to her before coming out of the water right in front of her. Wrapping my arms around her tight, I smiled. "Gotcha!" Gabby then smiled as she looked at me. Putting her hands on my arms, she stepped close to me before going to kiss me softly. "I am glad you took that the rig..."

That's when I felt Gabby knee me in the place where the sun doesn't shine. "FUCK!"